too few

Same old shrill tune.

Beverley, you say you would like to see Amy Harper, aka several other pseudonyms, return to the site. Rather like Violet Elizabeth Bott she screamed and screamed about the authenticity of a phrase I had used in one of my tests until in desperation I wrote to Professor David Crystal and I posted his reply on the forum accepting the validity of the phrase. And suddenly the lady vanished.

There was a lot more to it than that one case, and even that case is not as ‘cut and dry’ as you indicate. The posts are on the forum for those who wish to find them.

Too true there was a lot more - like Ms Harper’s perpetual smear about me not accepting American English whereas I so often showed my admiration for the American idiom and use of English - similar in the way you bang on with your nasty slur about me lying as if I would undertake such a risk in pubic concerning someone I don’t know, have no connection with and have no reason to hide from. Yes, I can see why you want your pal back - you are two of a kind both harbouring grudges. One of you is enough - or should I say too much.

Twist that around, Ms Jones

There you go. That’s the sort of attitude she was used to. The truth is on the forum, including how I know you lied.

You only get away with your nasty little slander because in reality you do not exist apart from a ridiculous avatar and a mangled photograph. If you persist in your slander, at least have the courage to come out and tell me who you are.

LOL. Same old prejudices.

No courage, as I said. Can’t you think of anything better than a fatuous ‘LOL’? And what in the name of all that’s holy is what I said above have to do with prejudices? You have a little collection of cliches that you dish out without reference to what has been said.

I follow basic ESafety principles and you dislike it. You are prejudiced against my chosen username and chosen profile picture. That’s a fact, not a cliche, and it’s based on what you said.
This topic has veered way off subject thanks to the content of messages 6, 9, 11, 16, 20, 24, 26 and 28.
You can have the last word if you wish. I have better things to do with my time than continue this thread, and the truth is there for those who wish to see it (unless you censor and edit again, of course.)

You obviously don’t understand the meaning of ‘prejudice’ or ‘cliche’. Yes, I dislike your username because it suggests that you know everything about the subject and you clearly don’t. Yes, I dislike the mangled photograph because you hide yourself behind a mask and at the same time use a vibrant colour to make sure you are noticed- why not choose a genuine photograph or another picture altogether? The answer is that you want to hide behind your mask so that you can slander with impunity. This is not an attitude of prejudice but a thorough dislike of underhand behaviour. And as for cliches, your messages are riddled with them - have a read. And ESafety principles - what would you know about them? You repeatedly say -

• cliche number two thousand and three - my wishes for that.