There's always a possibility...

THANKS TO YOUR ASSISTANS TO LEARN ENGLISH.I READ THEM DAY TO DAY.
MENGSTU3

Dear Alan Sir
To-day I really got a good mood when I read your essay, It is so interesting.
The expression If I were you (I can’t be you and you can’t be me) I like the
expression.
The Tittle of poem “Rudyard Kipling” was very good. The poem itself an
eye-opener to so many people like me. When you say others poems like
this you should tell us meaning of that poem so that people like me
will not feel difficulty. Since you explained the meaning of that poem
in the learner’s doubt, it was very clear to me.

Thank you sir,

S.Shanthi

Yeah Its realy cool essay aspetialy about that tere is always possibility. In my live I always have advantages of choice but sometimes it hard to find it. I think only in this hard expirianse live construct even though we just need to think what to choice and what to lose… HAPPY SAD AND OTHER FILINGS MAKES YOU LIVE!!! WE LEARN BY DOING.

Hi Alan

I can’t quite make out what you mean by the expression “another think coming’ Good expression”…

If you would be so kind as to explain it to me I shall walk on air!

By the way: is everything all right again with the homepage?

Cheers

Urs

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run.

Amazing … thats all I can say right now

Hello
It was very interesting.
Thankyou

Hi Alan,
that was one of the best essay i’ve ever read.
thank you for spending time

Hello Alan,

This newsletter was deeply and sincerly impressed me the text and the the snatches from R. Kipling: If -poem. I couldn’t reply immediately. I have to read the all poem, after I listened to it several times performing by different people.

This poem really can help not only Kipling’s son but every people in life.

(I sent this poem to my grandchildren and I wrote to them: " if you lived here I would say to you similar things but I could never say so beautifully"- I wrote them I learned this poem now.)

Now I don’t wonder that Kipling could write so beautiful tales. Once I had sent you a Kipling tale’s link about the curious little elephant. I think he wrote these tales to his loved son. Because these tales are full of love. My children adored them and I read them so many times that I learned them by heart.

I would quote other snatches but I revealed I can’t choose so I send the whole.Link at the end of the letter.

I was very happy you wrote about the English subjunctive because it isn’t clear for me.Now I understand English cut it down to size and it only shows up with the verb ‘be’. And ‘if’.

For example: Don’t English use in a sentence with order etc. a subjunctive? Does it avoid this ? But I learned once that past simple can substitute the subjunctive in order etc.but I forgot when and how. If you tell me I would be very happy. Thank you.

Best regards:
Kati Svaby

youtube.com/watch?v=pFaENAjk … re=related

Hi Kathy
Thank you so much for posting the poem - it’s a wonderful text.
What I would like to know is when exactly Rudyard Kipling has written it, I mean whether this was before or after the loss of his beloved son in the first world war? I find it hard to guess…
Urs

Hello Parallel,

I only imagine that he wrote when his son was in life. Why would he have written to his dead son? Every lines suggest the living warning to his son and I think we give warnings only to living beings. Don’t we?

But I try look for an exact answer.

Kati

Hello Parallel,

IF - is a poem written in 1895.
Kipling’s only son, John died in 1915 in the First World War.

independent.co.uk/arts-enter … 13795.html

By:
Kati

Hello Kati
You are right, 1895 was the year he published the poem.
I could have checked Kipling out on www.wikipedia.com by myself, but I did not think twice… Thanks for your research then.
It must be one of his most widely known poems, so I could find some background information. It was inspired by a man who fought a military raid in South Africa but failed. Should you be interested in more information about it, then go to the following link:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If%E2%80%94.
But I think the background information is not necessarily needed to like the poem in the first place.
Yours Urs

Alan Sir,
if you are sure to continue on English-net-foruf i will again say ots very stylish thing to learn with Eassy in different mood,
AND SO SAY ALWAYS TO YOU ‘HELLOW MOOD MORNING SIR’…
Thanks to both of you and Toesten.

THANKS FOR YOUR LESSONS I USE THEM IN MY LESSONS.THERE ARE VERY INTERESTING!!!

Hi Urs,
Yes, you are right the background information and the poem are two different things.

I think so, me also!!!

Regards:
Kati

Thank you so much for your lesson Alan.

I didn’t understand what means “coming’ Good”.

Hi!

Thank you for your lesson.But I want to know the synonyms of moody.
She is very moody.
What we can write instead of moody in this sentence.

Thanx
Khusi.

Hi Khusi,

Have you tried looking that up in a dictionary? Most dictionaries list synonyms, like this:

mood·y Adjective
Synonyms:
adjective: sullen, morose, glum, gloomy, capricious

Great job,mr alan,keep it up. i can feel you greatly.how can i run a certificate course tru ds web?