The Spirit of Georgia?

Spirit of Georgia update?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: The lecturer uses the Gandara culture as an example of what?[YSaerTTEW443543]

A soft drink with such a name would never be possible in Russia. No-one would buy The Spirit of Georgia if it were sold in Russia or any other country where Russian is the dominating language!

Most Germans call the drink simply ‘Georgia’ now since ‘the spirit of Georgia’ is too difficult for them to pronounce. It still amazes me that Coca Cola chose that name in the first place.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A loading dock[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello Torsten,

Since you’re still harping on this issue, I guess you must think the people responsible for choosing that name were unbelievably dumb.

[color=darkblue]__________________________________________________________
[size=75]“The spirit of truth and the spirit of freedom - these are the pillars of society.” ~ Henrik Ibsen[/size]

Why are you still talking about this spirit of georgia thing? Who cares what that drink is called? It’s made of sugar and a bunch of chemicals to get folks addicted to it as fast as possible. That’s the spirit of georgia and the spirit of capitalists.

What makes you think so, Amy. Would you say that ‘The Spirit of Georgia’ is a good name for a soft drink? I mean, is it as easy to pronounce as Pepsi, Fanta, Coke, Mountain Dew, Vita Cola, etc? Probably not.

The name of mass product like this should definitely be easy to pronounced. In the case of The Spirit of Georgia this clearly is not the case, is it? Imagine a customer at a kiosk say ‘Two Spirits of Georgia, please’. I wouldn’t call the people who chose the name dumb as you suggested. I think what happens is that they just wanted to come up with a name that is clearly different than all the others.

By the way, there is no need for you to try and defend your American country fellows here since I’m pretty sure the guys who created the name where German :wink:

[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Investment advice[YSaerTTEW443543]

Aw, “The Spirit of Georgia” is easy to remember and to pronounce! What will we all do if we get an import called “Wanhanajan Limonaadi” of a company named Laitilan Wirvoitusjuomatehdas?

How 'bout dem apples?

Claudia

Claudia, how many of your friends and acquaintances use the term ‘the spirit of Georgia’?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A picnic[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

to be very frank, all of my family and friends only drink mineral water, herbal teas, coffee, wine and beer. One single friend buys Bionade because she has a child and is totally into “bio”.

Claudia

Looks like your friends have a very healthy and environmentally friendly lifestyle…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Busy digging[YSaerTTEW443543]

Now that you mention it . . . Thank you. :slight_smile: I guess we are not the sugary types, lol. The only beverage we drink that contains sugar is fruit juice and most of the people I know mix it with mineral water (Saftschorle).

Claudia