The only sport I really like

Hi Alan,

Thanks for you essay.it is very useful for me to study English as usual.of course my favourite sport is football and i am a football fans.l like Italian national team and hope they can get a champion in the next football world cup,although now Spanish team is best in the world.

HOPE THAT YOU WILL WELL.MY ENGLISH IS IMPROVING.YOUR ESSAYS ARE VERY GOOD.PLEASE CONTINUE THESE ESSAYS.
HEAR YOU SOON.
THANKYOU
ABDUL JABBAR

thank you very much for your snippet of info . really i am not a sucker for any sports games .nevertheless, watching a soccer match or glean some knowledge about sports are fine.

hi, :slight_smile:

Hi Alan,

Your comments on tennis game was fair. To me, whoever win the game I am happy for them because they play well.

Catherine Tan

hello!This is the first time I’ve taken part in this topic. So, I hope everyone will help me to improve English.Thank you very much!

Hello, I Have some confusing patterns on how to differentiate between the use of did and have + past participle?
For example:

1. Have you met Alan?
  2. Did you meet Alan?
    Can you give me brief explanation about them?
    Thank you for your help

yuana

dear alain
the is short, easy to understand
thank you
passo

Thank you for a wonderful email.

Hi Yuana,

Sorry you have had to wait so long for a response. When you ask a question like: Did you see that film? the question usually refers to a particular time in the past and would be: Did you see that film last night? When you ask a question like: Have you seen that film? the question is simply about whether or not you have seen the film and is not concerned about when this was.

Alan

Dear Alan,

I have a very busy schedule hence lack free time to pratice improving my low vocabulary which lead to frequent grammatical errors. Thank you for your patience and your forthcoming advice.

Being an indian I am a huge cricket fan. We were on cloud nine when we won the world cup.

Hi Alan, how are you?
Alan, as you know, for sure, Brazil is a country where people like soccer too much. People also loose it here.
We had a tennis player that competed at Wimbledon for several times. His name is Gustavo Kuerten, He was a champion sometimes right there.
For that matter, I would like to say, that sport as a competition is not my favorite bag too, but I walk and run every morning for 1 hour to keep heath and shape.

Thank very much

Sandra - Brazil

Hello everybody:) I like training Traditional Karate and riding a horses.

I like the topics very much .

I’m six foot and a bit sportish. (athletic).
I know this and that of some sports.

But now at 53 , I like martial art best.
Once you master it, you’d become more humble and kind knowing that you can or might kill someone with a simple punch.

And you will avoid all unnecessary confrontations and fights physically and mentally. What for?

kind regards.

To my martial art master who scares my kicks saying he might die on the spot once he got my dynamic and ferocious kick in his head. He normally stayed away from my long legs in a sparring fight. And to my sparring partner who would run around with a knife in his hand when I was giving him my nicest kicks. ( just a boyish memory of 1980s)

You are so a lucky chap who has no chances to meet with the Bruce Lee!

I’m not a sport fan, so I have no idea about tennis or even its player, but I can share my idea on Omario’s request.
(a) 2. Have you eaten already? I think it’s correct.
(b) 2. What have you done? I think it’s correct too.

Please share your idea if I made mistakes.

Thanks,
Yara

in UK, as you said tennis is cup of tea, but in Malaysia badminton is a cup of tea

Jweitan, that doesn’t make sense, perhaps you are trying to use the expression ‘not my cup of tea’ but it doesn’t work in the positive here.