Some sentences. Please help me!

James, really thanks you because the only way I have to practice is having conexion with people like you. I live in Argentine where everybody speak en Spanish, here is not easy to study hard. I found this course and I have a CD en English that allows me to listening too, when you talk in another language every day the doubts in English is frequent. Thanks for your help. Leonor

Hello, Leonor:

Thank you for your kind note.

Although you have no one to practice with, I think that you are doing very well. I completely understood the meaning of every sentence.

Thanks to the Web, you can read something every day in English. For example, the British Broadcasting Corporation has a fantastic news website. It gives the news in many languages. You can read an article in English and then read it in Spanish. And, of course, all of the world’s English-language newspapers are on line.

Furthermore, you can listen to the news (and other programs) on the BBC and Voice of America. I hear that the VOA even offers simplified English for learners.

Whenever you have a question about grammar, just ask it here. All the members here are eager to help you.

James

Dear James,
Your message #22 is very helpful to/ for me too.

Thank you very much, Noren.

Hi James,
Is the sentence below acceptable in the US?

This morning about 10 o’clock, my uncle took my bike to the gas station and filled up the fuel tank almost full by his own money.

Thanks

Which is correct to use? I am very confused.

“She told me that she would pay the rent to me as soon as (she’d get)/(she got) the money from IME the following day.”

Thanks

It’s not grammatical.

This morning about 10 o’clock, my uncle took my bike to the gas station and with his own money he filled up the fuel tank to almost full.

She told me that she would pay the rent to me as soon as she’d got (gotten in AmE) the money from the IME the following day.

It’s not very concise.
She told me that she’d pay me the rent the next day
should suffice.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Are these correct?

Since Sunita’d fallen behind with the rent (due Sept. 6), I reminded her of this by phone. She told me that she would clear/pay it the next day. (confused about which sounds natural, either ‘clear’ or ‘pay’.)

Both bracketed words work.
In formal writing, you should not use the contraction ‘Sunita had’.

What is “bracketyed”? I think it’s a typo.

Hi there,

1. Today, Sunita cleared one month’s rent. Her next rent is due Oct. 7th. (Is it correct to write ‘on’ after ‘due’?
  2. Today, cable line’s signal was made appear clear. (clearer/ more clear)

Modification/suggestion requested.

Thanks

1, Yes, you can use ‘on’.

1. Today the signal from the cable line was clearer than it has been before.

Thanks a lot.
Could you check the sentences below?

This morning, I felt physically uncomfortable (which I think was) caused by the food and drinks I had taken at the birthday party thrown by Sunita last night. (her daughter’s birthday).

Ranjan and I went to the place of the woman (for the 4th time) to collect the money she’d borrowed. She has not yet cleared the money loaned to her. She has been making promises after promise. Today, she said that she’d pay back the money (half of the total amount) at around 9 o’clock the next morning.

Many Thanks

You have posted these in another thread where you have directed them at a particular person. One of us would be wasting out time answering you.

It’s a mistake. First, I tried to post that here but it was not shown as posted so I posted that in another place. Sorry.