Shanghai to become first railway station with 5G

I’ve just read that Huawei is going to equip Shanghai railway station with their 5G technology by the end of 2019 allowing passengers to enjoy data speeds of up to 100 times greater than WiFi or LTE. I’m sure we will get 5G in German railway stations as well, however it will take at least 20 years. By that time the Chinese will have rolled out their 6G network nationwide and in parts of the developed world. Happy days :sunglasses:

我剛剛讀到,華為將在2019年底之前為上海火車站配備其5G技術,使乘客能夠享受到比WiFi或LTE快100倍的數據速度。我敢肯定,我們也會在德國火車站獲得5G服務,但這至少需要20年的時間。屆時,中國人將在全國以及部分發達地區推出其6G網絡。快樂的時光 :sunglasses:

4 Likes

But in a world of fast developing technology, we needn’t be so pessimistic, Torsten. Rest assured that it won’t take 20 years!

2 Likes

Hi Lawrence, many thanks for your optimism. I guess the point I’m trying to make is that most Germans are not aware that we are no longer dominating losts of industries we used to up until a few years ago. In 2010 I wrote the following post about Greatview as it was the first Chinese company I knew of creating jobs in the Leipzig area. Now the situation has changed completely with the Germans lagging behind in an ever growing number of fields. GreatView: Chinese company sets up plant in Leipzig

2 Likes

I read it, Torsten. I think your expectation that ‘in the near future, more and more Chinese companies will set up European operations in and around Leipzig…’ has betrayed you. After all, every nation is self-centred in the end, which is natural and inevitable.

2 Likes

What I’m trying to say is that I think it’s time we reavaluated our values and made some changes. Growing the GDP should no longer be the most important goal.

2 Likes

As far as I can tell Huawei has signed a contract with the Russian government commissioning Huawei to build a plant in Russia. So, it seems that the Kremlin is happy with using Huawei equipment, hardware and infrastructure to build Russia’s 5G network.

據我所知,華為已經與俄羅斯政府簽署了一項合同,委託華為在俄羅斯建立工廠。 因此,看來克里姆林宮對使用華為的設備,硬件和基礎設施來建立俄羅斯的5G網絡感到滿意

1 Like

Today the German government announced that Germany is going to use Huawei as its major provider of 5G technology as well. They could have made that decision long ago because Huawei is years ahead of their competition when it comes to 5G, AI and other technologies so no government has a real alternative.

今天德國政府宣布德國也將使用華為作為其5G技術的主要提供商。 他們可能早就做出了這個決定,因為在5G,人工智能和其他技術方面,華為領先於競爭對手,因此沒有任何政府擁有真正的選擇。

1 Like