Phrase 'the court has appointed me your public defender'

and if i say in the same context i say:“i bought a new car” or “i gave him my bike” is better using the simple past?why?

Hi Luca,

How do you see the context of “I bought a new car” and “I gave him my bike” as being the same as “The court has appointed me your public defender”?

Have you read Alan’s last post? Do you understand it?

Amy

YES I MEAN IN THE SAME CONTEXT OF: THE COURT HAS APPOINTED ME YOUR PUBLIC DEFENDER

Hi Luca

There is no need to SHOUT. :shock:

I wanted to know why you think the “public defender” sentence could be the same kind of context as the other two sentences. My opinion is that you can’t really compare them. The contexts would always be very different.

Luca, we’ve been discussing this issue for a long time. In earlier threads, then in PMs and now in this thread. I’ve also already described what I see as the difference between the “public defender” sentence and other sentences you’ve given as examples. It’s become clear to me that I am not able to help you understand.

Maybe one of the other moderators will be able to think of some additional explanations. I just can’t think of anything more to tell you that hasn’t already been said. Sorry.

Amy

please could you repeat why you consider the contexts different? :lol:
is maybe why if i say "she gave me the cd "
it hasn’t effects on the present for the listener/s

thank you yankee for your explanations… :lol:
Can somebody else help me?