In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today

Hello, Mr. Torsten. Thanks for your reply, and I am so sorry about this mistake. Nowadays, I am preparing for TOEFL in order to pursue my graduate study in educational policy. I am going to take the TOEFL test within a month. I really need a score of 100, and I don’t know how to get it, especially in speaking and writing. Regarding my progress measurement, I started to read some English books where I gained some vocabulary and felt some overall progress in English. In addition, I have already begun studying for TOEFL since one month ago, so I noticed progress in listening and reading.

I will be very grateful if you give me your advice.

Best regards,
Roaa

2 Likes

Roaa, if you are really interested in studying educational policy you can do so even without enrolling in overrated expensive university programs. The question is are you ‘studying for the TOEFL’ or are you passionate about education? If you really want to know how what the future of education will look like you should learn about things like Micro Credentials v. Traditional Degrees | english.best

1 Like

Thanks for your recommendation, I will explore this. I have already applied for a master’s degree in my country, and I am supposed to send English scores next June, they want 22 in writing. But I will apply abroad as well for 2021. I graduated from physics major, but I am very interested in education development in my country. I worked for more than a year in jobs related to educational leadership to get a good experience. Therefore, my next step is to study what I want and participate in the research. Therefore, I study for the TOEFL to apply for a variety range of universities, including high ranked ones.

2 Likes

Hi there can you review mine and give me some tips on how i can improve it.

“In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today.” Do you agree or disagree?

It is critically important that we look and analyse into the data on the usage of cars as transportation. In many western socities many alternatives are being used which are less harmful than cars. Personally
i believe that there will be lesser number of cars in the foreseeable future. I feel this way for two reasons which i will explore in the following essay.

To begin with, travellers prefer using public transit as they can have a peaceful journey which would ensure them to be in a good mood. Nowadays, people enjoy using cycle and other public transit to reach
to their destination. For instance, a person who uses public transportation can reach his location without any hassle or difficuuilty and could ensure him to be in the right mindset. This would further
improve his productivity as he is free from the tension of driving in a car clogged traffic, and can focus his energy onto his work to achieve his goal. Therefore, it can be seen that people tend to avoid cars or
their personal transportation for the sake of avoiding heavy traffic and to reach their destination more peacefully.

Furthermore, driving cars is more hazardous to the place we live in as it can cause commotion, accidents and most of all affect the environment that sustains us. For example it’s seen that in cars there is a emmission
of carbon gases from the smoke exhaust. These gases are potential hazard as they affect the outside layer of atmosphere, which in turn allows the penetration of harmful UV rays from the sun. This has caused
to the global warming and has negatively impacted the glaciers, the water sources, the eco system and other living and non living things. People who are being aware of this catastrophy has made sure to make
an effort to use cars less. This way they enable the planet to revive and regrow to it’s natural form.

In conclusion i feel that there will be indeed a reduction in the usage of cars in the coming years. This is because cars are difficult to travel with from one location to another, besides they are more costly to
handle and maintain. They are also a potential hazard to the atmosphere as it increases global warming which will effect the overall climate as well. People are now alert of its negative attributes and are making
a conscious effort to minmize the usage of it for transportation.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to our forum. I do agree with you – there will be fewer cars in use in twenty years with new forms of shared mobility emerging. One of those new technologies is Hyperloop which has successfully been testet lately and will see widespread adoption by end of the 2030s.

As a transitional step away from combustion engine cars towards interconnected systems of shared and micro-mobility we are going to experience a dramatic rise of electric vehicles (EVs) while traditional gas and diesel powered cars will see a significant decline. After all, not every single one of us completely ignores the unfolding climate crisis:

1 Like