I sure do hate ALDI!

Here, corn flour is fine, and corn meal is coarse.

I feel equally mystified by people in the Eastern US. If they call a pop a soda, then what do they call a soda?

Just as a little addition for English learners (and hoping not to confuse them further):

The term ‘corn’ in the UK means ‘cereal crops’, such as wheat, oats, barley and maize, whereas in the US it refers to ‘maize’.

You can find more on this here:
http://www.britannica.com/ebi/article-9273813

Which, in the US, is sometimes referred to as maize.

Oh dear! :slight_smile:

As Spencer would say, who’s reponsible for this mess?

It’s all just one big maze! :wink:

Amy

What a long way a little word can go! Isn’t it just amazing?

:slight_smile:

Conchita! Right you are!

I’ve found cornflour (exactly, not corn flour, nor corn starch) fairly easy – at Home Bakery. (Though today I’ve been in Sainsbury’s, not in Tesco, but now I’m sure to find the same in Tesco store).

“Sainsbury’s CORNFLOUR
Perfect for thickening sauces, gravies and casseroles.
Ingredients: CORNFLOUR.

Suitable for Vegetarians.” :slight_smile:

Great! (This language Forum is really life-coaching! :slight_smile: )

Thanks a lot!
Tamara

Hi Jamie, obviously some of us seem to love ALDI ;-). Seriously, they are offering a very refreshing drink. If you like you can stop by at our office and try it yourself:

a crazy ALDI fan:
[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor discuss an experiment with dummies?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten

An impressive picture! Can we assume that it was taken with your new toy (camera)? :lol:

Maybe the Aldi people will discover the photo and sign you to an exclusive and lucrative promotional contract. :wink: :lol:

Amy

You are right Amy, the photo was taken by Mr. Gromov with our new Olympus. As for the ALDI contract, that’s an interesting idea. Maybe they can use the feedback you have provided, too.
Let’s wait until the first ALDI executive joins our forum ;-).[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention Mona Lisa?[YSaerTTEW443543]