"I miss that old coffee shop in town. There is nowhere to get coffee now that the old coffee shop went .....," Melissa told Jacob

"I miss that old coffee shop in town. There is nowhere to get coffee now that the old coffee shop went .....," Melissa told Jacob. (*) under (*) dump (*) fizzle (*) underground

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/12165,i-miss-that-old-coffee-shop-in-town-there-is-nowhere-to-get-coffee-now-that-the-old-coffee-shop-went-___-melissa-told-jacob/
1 Like

sth go under : Have to stop business because it’s unsuccessful

2 Likes

You are right, Luks. Quite a lot of coffee shops, restaurants and other companies have been going under due to COVID-19. What is the situation in Vietnam like now?

2 Likes

Because the government has managed to contain COVID-19 (have no contagion in public , just have some new virus cases in foreigners flying to Vietnam) , many schools and businesses have been reopened for nearly one month . It’s such a great effort . How is your country?

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that your government apparently took the right steps at the right time. It seems that Asian countries have been coping with the pandemic much better than other countries such as the US, the UK and Italy. In relative terms, Germany reacted very quickly too and so far we have been handling the crisis quite well. However, we still need to get rid of trying to raise the GDP even higher. Here is why:

1 Like

I think the correct answer is “underground”.

1 Like

“I miss that old coffee shop in town. There is nowhere to get coffee now that the old coffee shop went .dump,” Melissa told Jacob. (*) under (*) dump (*) fizzle (*) underground

1 Like