How to learn English?

Hi Emil,

You can read lesson number 10 here.

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A police officer testing for alcohol[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hy everybody!

I want to tell you how I like to learn English.

I start all of my days learning my email messages. Most of my messages are from www.english-test.net . Iā€™m always waiting for the new lessons.
When I donā€™t have new lessons from the site I read articles from the internet. I listen to English music. I like it a lot especially romantic music. Recently Iā€™ve found a radio where there is this kind of music all day and it isnā€™t something else but music.
I also watch movies in their original way of being. I use an online dictionary and when I find some new words I check them at the moment, I never let them passing near me. But unfortunately iā€™m reading such texts that I have a lot of new words and than I canā€™t remember all of them.
I think my methods helps me at learning.
Julia

People should love everyone. Because we believe we canā€™t come again in the world. I would like to take opportunity to give thanks to Torsten for his wonderful inactivation.We gain the benefit from e-learning course. But depends on how we are practicing the English. writing, specking and leasing.
we know Torsten send us only the guideline but if we canā€™t follow his guideline we are the looser. we pass the time , we lost the time.
Actual we all understand that but we are leesy. Specially I

sayyida

Hello to everyone!
I strongly dissagree with you, Pravi, as to the writing aspect of Eglish. Surely, grammar should be studied but it wonā€™t make you a professional in English (unless you were born in an english-speaking country). While conversing with an Eglishman you wonā€™t write but talk (I mean a live communication). And what about your native language, did your parents teach you how to write words at the age of 6 months? Iā€™m sure they didnā€™t. So, I think that great attention should be payed exactly to listening and speaking. And people that go abroad without knowing a word in a language of the country they are going to, donā€™t also need grammar but a good supply of words, word-combinations and phrases for to converse with the foreigners.

Maryann

Hi Mr. Torsten
How are you
Today I want to talk about another very important idea. The idea is this: written English and spoken English are, in fact, quite different.

Most students learn written English. Textbooks teach written English-- even most ā€œEnglish Conversationā€ Textbooks.

When we speak, we use different vocabulary, different grammar, and different pronunciation than what is in textbooks.

Hereā€™s one example. In most textbooks, you might find a sentence like this:
ā€œThe theater sold all the ticketsā€

However, in normal speech, we would usually say,
ā€œThey sold outā€.

ā€œSold outā€ is a two-word verb-- also called a ā€œphrasal verbā€. You donā€™t find many phrasal verbs in textbooks, but we use them constantly in speech.
thank yuo
It is not my idea apologized drawn from the studies
Best regards Talib

Hi,dear Mr.Daerr!
I know the way everybody has chosen to learn English is very important.Having a personal way of learning is very good,but is it useful?I think that my way,choosing your online English course,is the big step to be a success.I think watching movies in their original form (I mean without subtitles) is very useful.For example I chose to watch National Geografic Channel and its article Air Crash Investigation.It`s very good and useful for me.It will help me to improve my air-term vocabulary and my listening skills.I listen your MP3-files as well.This is my own way to learn English.What do you think about that?

I`ll wait for your thoughts.
Best regards,Peter.

The Muslim people are busy for Ramadan. But I do not think what about all the friends?i am sorry to say that the forum friends are not post new messege including me? Is we are lazy? no we are all like the forum friends so we should write new messege . Do you agree with me?
Thanks all
sayyida

Hello;
Is there anybody??? who has bought lessons from effortlessenglishclub.com/
Is it works???
How much it really costs, and what i will get for 97$ price which relates to limited time discount.
Does any sample of this lessons is available somewhere?
Regards
anna

Dear Tortsen,
you are truly write about writing in the forum, it really gives me the chance and other colleagues to share many interesting things. i am so happy to write to you, and iā€™d like to tell you that i am getting a lot of benefits of all what you had sent me related to teaching the English language.

Hai Torston this is Kennedy learning English is not a big thingā€¦ it depends on us how we pronounce the words and communicate with othersā€¦
More than theoretical practical is bestā€¦ try to speak English with others and watch BBC news watch good movies and practiceā€¦

Hi Kennedy!

Youā€™re right! It is not difficult but we need a long time to have good results. We need to work hardā€¦ This is the only problem. I feel that I canā€™t have the desired results as quickly as I would have preferred.

Good afternoon Sir,nice topic well i think best way to learn english leanguage is to study news papers and story books and talk to your friend in english as much as you can speak

Dear Torsten, :smiley:

I am anew member who joined the forum a few hours ago, I am very happy because I feel that I will build an excellent network which will certainly help improve my English. :oops:

I prefer listening to english audio scripts as much as I can, because it helps me develop an english ear and on a step by step think as english people, i mean as native english speakerā€¦Would you allow me to share my opinion about the purpose behind that? :stuck_out_tongue:

By listening too much (even when we go to bed late in the evening), our sub-conscience is positively affected and we start thinking and speaking as our hidden mind behave & think as a response to a stimulating signal which is english audio scriptsā€¦ :?

I am an Algerian, I speak french & Arabic perfectly and my English is getting improved gradually but astonishinglyā€¦by the way, I got 613 as a score in TOEFL test last yearā€¦I am just a self taught studentā€¦

Happy to have you as penfriends 8)

Regards

Nassim

Dear All;
I try to learn english but i am always busy. so I try &try

Hi Mr torsten, for me i listen to Audio music, and watch english movies which are translated in Arabic like movies in Showcinema.
am waiting for your comment, and thanks a lot

Good after noon sir Torsten :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m glad to learn English here, thatā€™s true everybody who is learn English language, has a way to learn it, this way different from one to another. I want to talk about my way to see it, if itā€™s a right way or not. So, I start learn English at school, because in my country we start learn it with basic of Grammar. Today Iā€™m student in the university of foreign languages (English Section)ā€¦I learn by Internet, Books, Films, MP3 conversation, Conducted activities, Ask my self about my level in English (If I Improved or not)ā€¦etc

I want to ask you about this message when you read it, please sir tell me if my skill in writing English is well, or I need to learn Grammarā€™s basic more. Iā€™m very interested in your answer.

Regards
Karima

Good after noon breeze. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m karima student from Annaba a nice place in Algeria, I have been learning English for about 7 years, Moreover ENGLISH Love grow with me. When I was a young girl, i was tried to speak it like my teacher, and when I go back to the house, I never eat something when I was hungry. I was go to my bedroom to review my English lessons. This is the main motive which support me to continue my dream. with the help of God, Iā€™m in the university of foreign languages(English section). But my level doesnā€™t mean that Iā€™m very excellent, No, I need to help like every body, who is need to search more and more to learning any language.

Let me tell you something, I love this name which you carry very much, because I love sea breeze.

Another thing, your English seemed to me very Good and you have a skill English. I noted that, when I read your message to sir Torsten.

Good Luck friend.

Iā€™m very interested in your answer.

Good evening Karima :smiley:

Really nice to read from youā€¦Your english is pretty goodā€¦I feel it & it comes truly from your heartā€¦You will succeedā€¦Bu sure of thatā€¦just go aheadā€¦

How many years since you have been at university?

Did you think to take the TOEFL?

What are your dreams, objectivesā€¦?

How can I help you?

You are welcome & happy to have you as a penfriend.

Good after noon Nacim :stuck_out_tongue:

[b]Thank you for your answer, and your nice speech. So, Iā€™ve been learning English for year in the university, and this year is the second year to me in the university. about ā€œTOEFLā€ Iā€™m not sure that my conditions allow me to take it, but if I have the opportunity, sure Iā€™ll do it. you asked me about my dreams and objectives. I love who ask me this question because I haveā€¦so I have a lot of dreams one of them is to become an English proffesor in the bright future. I hope God bless me to edit this dream. and my objectives at this life is to be successful girl in my life. my objective is to succeed every year in my study in the university. you can help me when you see that youā€™re really have the capacity to do it. Help me in these new materials which Iā€™m studying: American literature, American civilazation, British literature, American literature. these materials which I have not a good level whithin it.

Best Regards

Karima

1 Like