How to learn English? (30/30 Challenge)

Hi Mba,

Great to hear you are still on the program – you are a real crusader :wink: Please find my suggestions below your sentences:

This morning I listened to the Euro News channel and there was a lot of information about the world soccer cup and the parks? and Spain and the Middle East.

I also want to talk about technology issues such as multimedia and mobile Internet surfing in Spain.

This service has become very popular in Span and a lot of Spaniards are addicted to it.

Mobile Internet access is very useful and many people are happy to use it on a regular basis.

It gives you the freedom to go online whereever you are so you can read the news and watch football in real time. On top of that you can determine your geographical postion any time.

The reporter explained how the service works.

Using this service your connect to a satellite network through your mobile phone. This system is quite similar to GPS (Global Positioning System).

I got the information from the EuroNews channel on on Saturday at 8:15 am which I was watching in Syria.

Dear Mba,

What about your 30 grammar questions? Are you doing these exerices too?

Speak to you soon,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Natural History[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten :o
I did three exercises today (1-2-3)
the first my mark 8/10
the second my mark 8/10
and the last my mark was 4/10.
now i am studing it from my history.
again thx alot Torsten
Mba

Keep up the great work Mba. You should take each test several times until you get all the questions right. For more information on a particular grammar issue you can contact us here.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: Who are not included as members of the Underground Railroad?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi [color=red]Torsten
Today I have a lot of world news:
First I listened from the euornews Channel about migration from Africa to Europe and the most migrants go in Europe from Spain and they go in Europe with illicit ways and they travel through of the sea. The most they die in the ships and them hope better life and good job in Europe.
The Euornews Channel in this morning at 7:30 am speak about world news review
Russian air-Plane run way in Siberia and it crash in desert there was 115 people and fire up in air-plane and most people go to hospital and there were many children, and that accident happened in holiday.
They talk too, about Poland and world cup soccer and weather in Germany it was rainy in the evening and the most fans of team Germany still stand in the streets to watch match Germany VS Portugal .
And they talk about Middle East (Palestine and Israel) and they talk about Palestinian militants and Israeli soldiers.
And I saw in the euronews channel small pictures it called (no comment):
I saw Israeli tank are bombing Gaza and you saw the Palestinian children in hospital in same moment.
About exercise now I am doing it. And on week-of I’ll ask about some questions I Don’t understand it . :wink:
Mba

The EuroNews channel showed a report about illegal African imigrants who try to get to Europe.

Most of them hope to live a better a live in Europe and find a job there.

This morning at 7.30 am EuroNews showed a report of a Russian airplane that had crashed in Siberia. The plane caught fire and the 115 passengers were rushed to the hospital.

They also talked about the soccer world cup and that despite the rain many German fans were still standing in the streets watching the match Germany vs. Portugal.

In addition there was a report about Palestinian militants who were fighting against Israli soldiers.

I saw Israeli tanks firing shells into Gaza and Palestinian children being treated in a hospital.

Hi Mba, it’s excellent that you are still doing your listening exercises. When you write your report, please the follow these instructions:

• write short sentences
  • try to make sure you use the correct tense
  • read Alan's [url=http://www.english-test.net/lessons/16/index.html]lesson on articles[/url] several times

Keep up the good work,
    Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on Modern World History[YSaerTTEW443543]

• Hi [color=red]Torsten
    I’ll take your instructions in this a report:

The Art sport English Channel showed a report about British designer for Italy team soccer. Before the final match:

British fashion designer Neil Barrett will pay attention to what the Italian football team is wearing this evening when they play in the World Cup final and he designed their uniforms.

He told “Of course the Italians would have to be first”

And when I am seeing my design in the Berlin stadium in the final my dream will be true.

And I was grateful that my native England had not faced Italy.
    Because I don’t know any team I support it.

This report I watched it before 3 hours from match start.

By the way, congratulation to Italy and hard luck to France.

Note: I record the report on my Video and I replay it. :roll:

Mba :arrow:

Thank for the corection.

Today I listend BBC-News for 15 minutes. Subject was the crime trial about the case Milutinovic. Milan Milutinovic is the ex-President from Serbian. Him and other Serbian officials are charged to be involve in the Kosovo-Conflict in 1999. They deny the reproach and say that they not murded and persecuted Albanians.

The case comes four months after the dead from the ex-Yugoslav President Milosevic.

Many peoples complain oft the length of the proceeding. The indictement alleges that the accused try to contiune Serb control over the province. The prosecution says it takes at last a year for the evidence and the defence takes at least as long.

This was my listening report.

Regards Heike

I’ve followed your instructions in this report:

The Sport Channel (what’s the exact name of that channel?) showed a report about the British designer who worked for the Italian soccer team. Before the match he said:

“I’m sure the Italians will win.”

“And seeing the players wearing my creations in the Berlin stadium in the finals is a dream come true to me.”

“And I was quite happy that the English team didn’t have to face the Italians.”

“Because I don’t support any team.”

I saw this report three hours before the match started.

By the way, congratulations to Italy and what happened to France is what I would call ‘hard luck’.

Note: I recorded this report on my VCR so I can replay it any time.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: Why are red crosses erected on Tanna Island?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thank you for amending my report.

Today I listened to the news on the BBC for 15 minutes. That’s excellent, Heike! Keep up the great work for 30 consecutive days.

The topic of the programme I watched was the Milutinovic case.

Milan Milutinovic was the ex-President of Serbia.

He and other Serbian officials are alleged to have been involved in the Kosovo-Conflict in 1999.

However, they are denying the charges saying they hadn’t murdered or persecuted Albanians.

The trial is being held four months after the death of ex-Yugoslav President Milosevic.

Many observers say that the trial is taking too long.

The defendants are alleged to be trying to maintain Serbian control over the province.

The prosecution says it takes at last a year for the evidence to be presented and the defence will need at least as much time to fight their case.

Dear Heike,

Please continue to submit your reports – we are always here for you.
    Regards,
    Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social sciences class (3)[YSaerTTEW443543]

thank a lot Torsten :smiley:
    you real helper in this website :wink:
    today I travel to saudi so I can’t follow-on this challenge :cry:
    but I hope when i come back i still share in this challenge. :smiley:
    Good luck
    Mba

Hi Mba,

So you are going to Saudi Arabia? They do have English language media there, don’t they?
    Have a good trip, we hope to have you back safe and sound soon.

Take care,
    Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: Which of the following is true of biological indicators?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello,

here is my report at the weekend and yesterday.

Beside the main topic football it became reported about the Remembered on 7/7. To this topic became interviewed a Prof. Islamistic studies.
    Palistina had kidnapping a soldier. His family have got a brief.
    With an airstrike became killed 5 Palistiner.
    Israel goes on offensive in Gaza to stpo rocket attacks.
    The Dalai Lama had celebrated his 71. birthday.

At the topic football World Cup:
    At the game Germany vs. Portugal had won Germany the small final with 3:1. The keeper was Oliver Kahn. He had communicated its resignation after the play.
    In the final Italy vs. France played Zidane his last game. He had leaves the play before ends because of a red map. He had attacked a Italian with a head impact. But the most people say “Zidane is a big football player who Maradona”. But say the attack was not good for him, because very much people have watch the play and saw the attack. Him lent to the award of the top player.
    Itlay had won the match with penalty shootout. So win Italy to the fourth times the cup. More than 1 Billion people had watched the match per TV. In Paris was a very big showtime.
    Yesterday welcome France the loser of the match and the star Zidane.
    In the evening returned the WC champions to Rome. About 1 Million people received the national team on the Circus Maximus. It was a big party.
    About Germany talk about the people thats was more then football - it was a big event. The people there are very friendly and they can big celebrate. Thanks Germany.

Hi Katrin,

Many thanks for submitting your report, keep on listening to the BBC every day and your English will improve constantly. In addition to the news you should also listen to an audio book, a story you enjoy. When you compose your summary, please try to use short sentences and take 3 of our interactive tests every day. Please find my suggestions below.

Talk to you soon,
    Torsten

Hi, please find my current report below (it covers the weekend as well as yesterday.)

In addition to football, which has been the main topic lately, there was a report about the 7/7 events in London.

As part of this report I saw an interview with a professor of Islamic Studies.

Also, the Palistinians had kidnapped a soldier and his family received a letter from the kidnappers.

5 Palistinians got killed in an airstrike.

Israel launched a military operation in Gaza to stop the Palistinian rocket attacks.

The Dalai Lama had celebrated his 71. birthday

The following relates to the Soccer World Cup:

Germany beat Portugal in the semi final.

The keeper was Oliver Kahn who after the match indicated that this was his final game.

Zidane played his last game in the final against the Italians.

Zidane had to leave the pitch early because he saw the red card.

He had attacked an Italian player knocking him down with his head.

Despite this blunder, a lot of people consider Zidane as big a football player as Maradona.

However, many people also say with this public attack Zidane damaged his image.

Zidane received a top player award.

Italy had won the match in a penalty shootout.

So the Italians won the cup for the fourth time.

More than 1 billion people watched every match on TV.

In Paris the world cup was celebrated as a big public event.

Yesterday France celebrated the arrival of its national team with their star Zidane.

In the evening the world cup champions returned to Rome.

At the Circus Maximus about one million people welcomed their national team home.

Many Germans say that the world soccer cup was more than just football – it was a big national event.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from an arts class (2)[YSaerTTEW443543]

This is my listening-report. Yesterday i heared a talking book with the title “Digital Fortress” form Dan Brown.

That?s a story about the NSA a american secret services, that decipher codes. The NSA have a code-breaking machine, that can break every codes in a short time, but one day the machine encounters a mysterious code it cannot break. The Agency try to find a solution for this disaster and calls the head cryptographer Susan Fletcher. What she uncovers shock the compleate agency. A ex-employee form the NSA created a unbreakable code and set it in the internet for all user in 15 hours. At the moment can?t anyone open it, but after the dead-line he will publice the password.

Regards Heike

Yesterday I listened to a talking book (an audio book) titled “Digital Fortress” by Dan Brown.

Digital Fortress is a story about how the National Security Agency (NSA) deciphers codes.

The NSA has a code-breaking machine that can break any code within a very short period of time but one day it encounters mysterious code it cannot break.

The Agency tries to find a solution for this disaster and calls on the head cryptographer Susan Fletcher. What she uncovers shocks the entire agency.

An ex-NSA employee had created an unbreakable code and put it on the Internet for anyone to use for a period of 15 hours.

During those 15 hours nobody can decipher the code and after the deadline the code will be made public on the Internet.

Hi Heike,

So you are listening to Dan Brown now? That’s great news! Your writing skills have improved already and I’m sure you are happy to be able to follow Dan Brown’s story?

Talk to you soon,
    Torsten
    [YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social science class (2)[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hello,

and here a new report from me.

I?ve listened to BCC Radio and watched CNN, yesterday.

At the BCC Radio they have informed about the oilpipline in Turkey. The Pipeline runs between Azerbaijan, Georgien and Turkey and becomes officially open today.

The EU-Kommision discharged a collecting main for lowering the mobile phone cost. The EU-Parliament must agree now, then could enter into force the lowering in the summer 2007. Before the consumer are to be relieved thereby.

Sport: The trainer from the football national teams Germany (Klinsmann) and Italy (Lippi) have quited the job as trainer from the national teams.

Report of CNN:
    7 bombs are exploed in trains on Mubai/India on Tuesday. A notice of terror is assumed.

Rumsfeld visited not announced the Iraq.

Mittle East: Hezbollah had kiddneped 2 Israeli soldiers. Hezbollah wants exchange the prisoners soldiers against Lebanese prisoners.

Regards,
    Katrin

Hello,

this is may second listening-report about the audio book “Digital Fortress”.

After they find out, who are created the unbreakable code a team of cryptographers and ingenieur want to catch him. But the NSA becames information from a police department in Sevillia (Spain), about a corpse with this name. A officer form the NSA send the companion from the head cryptographer Susan Flechter to Sevillia. He gives him the order to analyse the corpse and save same information, but he shouldn?t speak with anyone there. The dead man in Sevillia is the wanted blackmailer, but now the NSA has a great problem, they couldn?t find the pass-key for the code. The blackmailer contacted the NSA under the pseudonym North-Takota. Susan Flechter comes the order to find out more about North-Takota.

Regards Heike

Hi Katrin

Here are my suggestions for your report:

Here is my new report.

I listened to BCC Radio and watched CNN yesterday.

BBC Radio reported on the oil pipeline in Turkey. The pipeline runs between Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey and officially opens today.

The EU Commission proposed a plan for lowering mobile phone costs. The proposal must now be approved by the European Parliament. It is hoped that the plan can be put in force by the summer of 2007, thereby providing price relief to consumers.

The coaches of two national football teams have resigned: Klinsmann from Germany and Lippi from Italy.

Seven bombs exploded on trains in Mumbai, India on Tuesday. The explosions are assumed to be the work of terrorists.

Rumsfeld has made an unannounced visit to Iraq.

Hezbollah has kidnapped two Israeli soldiers. The release of Lebanese prisoners has been demanded in exchange for the release of the Israeli soldiers.

Keep up the good work, Katrin! And keep on listening. :smiley:
    Are you also doing some of the tests every day?

Talk to you later,
    Amy

Hi Heike

Here are my suggestions for your text. Are you enjoying the book? It sounds very interesting!

This is my second listening report about the audio book “Digital Fortress”.

After they find out who created the unbreakable code, a team of cryptographers and engineers decide to capture him. But when the NSA receives information from a police department in Seville (Spain), it turns out the name belongs to a corpse.

An officer from the NSA sends head cryptographer Susan Flechter’s assistant to Seville. He gives the order to analyse the corpse and to secure the autopsy information. He tells the assistant that he must not discuss the matter with anyone there.

The dead man in Seville is the wanted blackmailer, but now the NSA has a large problem: they haven’t been able to find the pass-key for the code.

The blackmailer had contacted the NSA under the pseudonym North Dakota. Susan Flechter receives orders to find out more about North Dakota.

I’m looking forward to hearing more of the story tomorrow!

Amy

Hello Torsten,
    today I startet to whatch CNN for 10 minutes. It was Newstime at 5 pm.
    The first report was about the conflict in the Middle East. Michael Holmes, the speaker, introduced some correspondents. They reportet from Beirut. There, many rockets hit houses, damaged bridges and the airport. Actually 63 persons are killed and 116 injured. The hospital is damaged, too. Windows has been splittet and injured emploees. In Beirut, july is season for many tourists. But there is nobody on the street. Shops and banks are closed and there is no traffic. Beside of destruction and killing, the terror also hurts tourist industry, which is very important for the country.

Hope you understand my short report and that it does not content to many faults. :roll:

Regards
    vivien