How to learn English? (30/30 Challenge)

That was Dozy.

I don’t think so, Bev. Dozy’s ears look completely different than this guy’s.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Two girls walking[YSaerTTEW443543]

Oh, yes. My Mistake. I see what you mean.

Dozy’s ears are decidedly larger.

No exactly large but shaped differently. Please take a look again you’ll see it too.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Building high[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hmmm… maybe a little squarer at the bottom…
I guess it’s a case of mistaken identity on my part.

Hello Monica,

Congratulations!

You did it! I’m totally in agreement with you that everyone will end-up in positive impressions as the 30/30 challenge is taken up with adherence!

One will derive more and more as the challenge is taken up again and again!:slight_smile:

With warm regards,

Mujibur

Hi, Mujibur!

Thank you!
I’m glad to hear you! I’m thankful for having you as my companionship in this … let’s say …journey.
Should I restart it again and again? Only if you follow me :). Blackmail!

I’d like to start a new project, but something different, which I haven’t done before, I don’t know yet, but I’m going to do some research on the Forums.

In the mean time, I’ll do some more tests because I have much to learn, I’ll try to ignore the subtitling when I watch a movie, I’ll continue listening to the radio daily, I’ll read the messages on the Forum and post messages when I feel like. Not boring at all!

Do you have any plans related to your English? If you find something interesting, please let me know, and I might follow you.

We’ll keep in touch, then.
Monica

Hi, Monica!

Your posts are full of ideas and proposals, i.e. of initiatives to make progresses in learning English language skills effectively! No matter either ‘I follow you’ or ‘you follow me’! Ultimately, are there dramatic improvements? – is the key question.:wink:

I already see that you’re used to setting mini-goals and follow them up adherently! I envy you for that, indeed!:wink: I’m in agreement with you that you’re in the right path to learn and practice and eventually to fulfill the expectations.

I’m really eager to share the companionship with you – the most resourceful person!:slight_smile:

No doubt, we’ll be complementing each other in the quest of arriving at the higher proficiency levels of English language!

Bye for now!

Mujibur

Hello everybody!
I am again here. I read your e-mail english class and I decided to take the 30/30 challenged. It is true all you say about out habits. Since the lesson ‘Are you a winner’ I began to listen some CDs while I am driving and I have to say that I have learnt a lot. I understand easily some exprtessions when I listen them, and I can say these expressions correctly and in a natural way. With this new challenge I hope to improve more!
Thanks a lot for your support!

Hello Martha,

Thank you for taking up the 30/30 challenge! Please put on here something consistently that listened from an authentic audio source! Listening and writing would help you a lot towards achieving the “winner” goals!

Thanks,

Mujibur

Hi Torsten
I would like to ask you about the community on G+. Is community Venglish-test.net there?
I watched movies that are placed on your G+ profile. They perfectly complement grammar tests
online. Please every suggestion on where I can find materials helpful in studying. The web is
a lot of similar pages, so please concrete guidelines. Thank you very much.
Have a good sunday.
MrTolek

Hi , i’d like to take part in this challenge

Dear Torsten;

I agree with you. Since the day I moved from Montreal Quebec to Toronto Ontario, I am watching English movies, news, different series of channels on T.V., I deal with english speaking people, I work in the Government, I did some studies at Guelph University, of course in english. But up till now my level of english is not up to the people grown up here.

I mean when there is a document to read, they read quick like seconds when I have to take minutes to understand each word.

In a timed written test, multiple choices, I should answer 90 questions in 2 hours. Each question is a big half page information about the subject then 5 or 7 very similar answers and I have to find the correct answer quickly and I should not think twice about it. I failed. I feel very bad.
I don’t know what more I can do?
Thanks,
Yvette

Dear Yvette, I suggest you first complete the 30/30 Challenge and after that we speak again.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Company official informs employees about job cuts[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dear Torsten,

I totally agreed with you, especially “Your level of commitment will largely depend on what goals you have in life.” It is very useful not only in learning English but also in daily life.

Thanks for your guidance.

PS:
I have a doubt of using “in” in front of “learning English” and “daily life”.
Please kindly correct and explain me.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Nay Chi

1 Like

Hello everyone;

I add to all what you mentioned earlier. I bought a religious calendar on First of January, 2013. Every day it provides a verse from the Holy Bible.

God, this english language used is not what I am used to.

Example; on Tuesday, May 28, 2013. The verse is;
“Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the Lord. (Leviticus 19:14)”

Any comment, please?
Yvette

Hello everyone,

I’m one of new members. I really want to improve my English skills. I come from Viet Nam,this is link of my facebook:

If you have the same ideal with me, let’s be friend of mine. We can chat, talk and share everything about what we interest in,

1 Like

Hi Torsten

you are absolutely right

hello every one
At first when I got up in the morning I listened audio book for about 20 minute and after that I practice my English book.and in the afternoon when my daily activities have been finished I practice English and I listen to the audio books

1 Like

Sir Torsten,

Good evening! Can I use the KJV 1611 bible as my resource in audio listening? I have a complete recording of KJV 1611 bible in audio.

1 Like