Go down their stop

Can you please tell me what ‘go down their stop’ means in the following sentence?

We all had our fair share of annoyed passengers bumping into your ride as they either take a seat or go down their stop.

2 Likes

Go down= to get off or out of a vehicle or transporter.

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/go-down

Philippine English to get off or out of a vehicle

I cautioned the lady bus driver not to go down from the bus.

Synonyms and related words

To get on and off of transport:get on, onto, transfer

Explore Thesaurus .

What about “their stop”? Is it “their station”?

1 Like

I could not figure it out, but I think Mona has captured the main idea. The sentence should be something like:
“We all had our fair share of annoyed passengers bumping into your wheelchair as they either take a seat or get off at their stop.”

I am guessing here that “ride” is some kind of wheelchair or scooter. It sounds like a disabled person is complaining about people bumping into him on the bus.

3 Likes

Exactly. The article is about electric rideables.

2 Likes

Please, sir, what ‘go down their stop’ means?
Thanks

2 Likes

I think it means “go down the stairs at their stop” or “got down off the bus at their stop”.

2 Likes

Thank you , Sir Luschen. Do " their stop" mean “their station”?

1 Like

At least in the US, a “bus station” is a building near the center of a town or city where inter-city buses stop. Often at a bus station the entire bus will empty and the passengers will switch to a local bus or another inter-city bus. A “bus stop” on the other hand is usually just a bench or a simple shelter where intra-city buses will stop to load and unload passengers.

By the way “inter-city” means between different cities, while “intra-city” means within a single city.

3 Likes

Many thanks, sir. I understood.

1 Like