“If less could have been done for him
I know you well enough, my son,
To know that’s what you would have done.”

Please tell me the difference.

Regards,
Swami.

All Good things come to those who wait.

1 Like

Advice means an actual information which you give someone. Advise is only a verb. :wink:

Example: I advise you to heed my advices.

1 Like

Hi NS,

As you know English can be a tricky language. Or shall I say, English is a very idiomatic language? At any rate, there are lots of nouns that can be either countable or uncountable or both. Information and advice both are uncountable. This means, you can give a piece of information or a piece of advice to somebody. Or you can give them some information and some good advice.

Now, if I may give you some advice: Google your phrases if you are not sure whether or not they are good idiomatic English. As a matter of fact, it probably would be very useful to create a guide on how to use Google and other online resources to learn English more effectively.

Here is an example: If you google your phrase “heed my advices” you will see that there only 144 results all of which come from rather questionable websites.
Heed my advice” on the other hand, produces more than 43,000 results…

TOEIC listening, photographs: Playing water ball

dear sir i have a same problam what it is some link is there after clik i do not know what to do please help me
thank you
sheela

Thanks Sir Torsten
Thank you for explaining the differences…

1 Like

Sir let me ask your help

kindly explain to me

on going? on-going? ongoing?

what is the correct answer?

thanks

1 Like

HI,
The first two phrases ( on going? on-going? ) are differ from (ongoing), how? look:
ongoing means: ( adj)- go on, developing… (e.g : the third world are ongoing countries.)
but on going are: a preposition + noun … (e.g : she is on a going to be a president ) also ( Torsten is a man on the going.)

1 Like

Ongoing is the only grammatically correct form of the word. It is a word written in a different way by various people, but"ongoing" is the only way in which it should be written, but it can sometimes be seen in reports as an on going enquiry.

On a going is not a valid explanation. On-a-going does not exist in any form that I have ever seen.

Kitos.

1 Like

Hello Swami
Advise is a verb While advice is a noun.
Father advised her to do good.
This is my advice not to tell lie.
Hope it would be useful
Naz

1 Like

My opinion:

advice - noun form
advise - verb form

1 Like

Thank so much for the explanation…

to kitos and English teacher

1 Like

Advice is a noun (receive suggestion)
Example: My mother gave me a lot of advice about cooking.

Advise is a verb (giving suggestion)
Example: She advised me to take lunch before the meeting.
Check out my site https://bigben.academy/advice-or-advise-how-should-i-use-and-differentiate-each/ to have a better understanding :slight_smile:

1 Like