Die with your own lead life

Hello all of you great teachers. Would you please tell me what does this question mean "
Why you want to die with your own lead life? "

It’s here in this video in 11:33

Thank you in advance :rose:

3 Likes

She’s very hard to understand. The audio is poor quality and she has a strong accent.

I think she is saying

Why do you want to die, when you don’t live life?
or something similar.

I don’t think she means you actually want to die. I think she means that everyone dies. So why not live life before that happens? If you don’t live life and chase your dreams, you will get old and die without doing much in life that is worthwhile.

4 Likes

It could be “Why do you want to die with your unlived life?”, with the same meaning that NN wrote.

3 Likes

How very true. You should live now and try to accomplish something in your life. What you shouldn’t do is think too much about death. We all now that we have to go some day, but we don’t know which one. It may sound strange, but I always say: ‘Carpe Diem’ or ‘Seize the day’, although I do understand people who want to anticipate what will happen tomorrow, next year and so on. Yet, we do not know that. Right? People make mistakes, which is very normal, but show me someone who’s never made a mistake in their life, and then I can show you someone who’s never lived properly.

3 Likes

Yea, it might be unlived. It’s hard to understand that part.

4 Likes

I always say that when you get old, you should have some stories to tell your grand children that cause them to say, “Wow Grandpa, you really did that?”.

I every five years or so young people should ask themselves that question. If the answer is no, then reevaluate the direction they are going and if it’s what they want from life.

Life is about collecting stories. Are they good stories that you like to tell?

4 Likes

I’m sorry I forgot to tell you, but marriage between two homosexual couples is possible over here, but I"m not married yet. Surprised? Maybe you didn’t intend your message to be received by my that way, but I’ll reassure you I would have some very good stories to tell them. By the way, were you drunk when you wrote your message to me because

That really doesn’t make sense. Mind you, ‘I every five years or so’. I hope you didn’t do this on purpose, because I’d really be hurt to the point of comitting suicide. Is that what you really want? I want to know; tell me: ‘Do you want me dead?’

1 Like

You’ve challenged me before, that’s why I’m telling you this; As far as I’m concerned, you’re an old embittered man who has never been able to live up to his real dreams, which is why you’re not the right person to tell young people what’s not for sale in this world.

1 Like

Marc, you are reading too much between the lines. Obviously not everyone has grandchildren. I don’t have grandchildren myself, at least not that I know of. That doesn’t change the point though. The whole thing is just to make a point.

“I every five years or so”

I didn’t catch this. This is probably the result of editing and I have no idea what it originally said. I tend to have a LOT of mistakes when I write. This site allows editing of posts, so I usually catch mistakes and correct them. On sites that don’t allow editing my posts are usually full of mistakes.

3 Likes

Thank you NN for reply. I once told you about what I didn’t like Magaret Thatcher… I’m very happy you’ve clarified this for me. You know, even though we only know each other by texitng, posting messages, I have always liked you. I’m sorry I misitnrerpreted your post. Yet, I do love love you, and please don’t take this the wrong way; I love you as a true friend. Marc X

2 Likes

Thinking again, it didn’t take you long to come up with answer…

1 Like

I would like to tell you from the bottom of my heart how much you are amazing and special. Very cooperative and very kind. You don’t know how much I become happy when I get your amazing help here to me and many others as non native speakers, you help constantly and generously, so you let us fly of happiness and being over the moon. Thank, Thank and Thank as mush as possible T.NearlyNapping :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::bouquet:

2 Likes

I’ve slept on this and I think you’d be a wonderful grandfather. Sorry for my being so rude and emotional.

1 Like

I think our quote of the month goes well with this thread:

2 Likes