Celebrating of March 8 (International Women's Day)

Hello!

I just want to ask all of you about the celebrating International Day of Women.

Are you celebrating today in your country?

If you don’t know anything about it, I can explain.

In this day we are presenting our all women (girlfriends, fiancees, mothers, grandmothers and even a girl you met three minutes ego etc.) flowers, sweetnesses and some beautiful speeches.

By the way, I’d like to congratulate all women from this site! I wish you blossom like a flower and achieve all goals in your life ( good English and many more…)

2 Likes

Hi Tilt

thanks for your congratulations.
I am a bit confused about what we do really celebrate today.
In Spain we call it DIA DE LA MUJER TRABAJADORA, what means, Day of the Worker Woman (is it correctly translated?)
So it seems to me that there is a difference about how is it celebrated depending on the Nation.
We don’t celebrate the fact that we are women, we celebrate the fact that someday in history women’s work was recognized, that women were able to vote and step by step, women are in better conditions nowadays than they were time ago; of course, I am talking about my country.
We don’t receive flowers or any other present.
What is worse…I am working today on Sunday 8th march along with other thirteen women. Good celebration!! isn’t it?

regards,

Charo

2 Likes

Charo,

Here in Russia this day is always day of rest which has been established by government. But, of course, a lot of commercial firms are working irrespective of it.

Goog day for you!

Andrey

2 Likes

Friends, here is a good discussion – Traditions of Great Britain.

3 Likes

Hi, its good to know, how you celebrate in different countries the international woman day, in Peru everybody knows about it, but there are no candies nor cards.....Im thinking seriously on going to Russia jeje :lol:
Have a nice day all kind Latin American women
Cristi.

2 Likes

Hi, Cristi!

Do not wait, just come here, and I will present you some sweeties myself =)

Nice day

Andrey

2 Likes

In the United States we don’t celebrate International Women’s Day. The name sounds kind of communist, and we already have two holidays in the year for wives and girlfriends to get upset if you forget to give them something. We don’t need another day like that.

2 Likes

women´s libbers all over the world, unite!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2 Likes

Yeay, Michael!

Instead of flowers, a Lamborghini or two would be nice, guys. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We don’t celebrate it here though.

2 Likes

Hi Nina,

what a pitty, the Lamborghini´s are out and the Porsches aren´t posh enough, seemingly. :roll: :roll:

Thus you had back luck. Better luck next. :lol: :lol:

Nice to see you once again.

2 Likes

What do I need a Lambo for anyway? Lexus will do just fine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to see you too, Michael.

2 Likes

In the country I grew up in International Women’s Day was one of the most significant public holidays and I think it should be celebrated across the world until women are really treated equally.

3 Likes

I wonder when the time comes that this day doesn’t need to be celebrated anymore because its goal will have been accomplished.

Best wished to all Muslim women!

3 Likes

Hi Tilt

In Belgium we don’t celebrate International Women’s Day either. I agree with Torsten that it should be celebrated across the world for the same reason.

3 Likes

Though we do not celebrate the day in a pompous manner here in India, we greet women on account of it via all kinds of media as well as in person. Even the editorials highlight and hail the changes brought about in the lives of women across the world in the last few decades. Women are now more empowered than ever before. They occupy the same position as their male counterparts in all the fields. There is not a realm of activity where they haven’t proved their mettle. In legislatures seats are statutorily reserved for them. With such opportunities open to them, the days when women will overdo men are not far off! The future does belong to them!

3 Likes