Can you think like Einstein?

hahaha

I’ll quote Einstein:

“I’m hungry.”

Einstein said that at least once, surely! hehe

1 Like

Hello Torsten,

As a native English speaker you seem to have an advantage in expressing your opinions more clearly as this was exactly what I meant in my previous post. I think good things come to a good person because he/she is good.

This is like some people arguing about the Quran. They say Allah bribes people by promising them heaven for their good deeds, but in reality the Quran says that good people will be awarded with heaven, which are two different things…

Thanks Nina, it is nice to read this and I am happy this is how you know me… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Torsten is not a native English speaker. He is German.

1 Like

How about “I’m randy”? :smiley: I bet he said that too. hehe

1 Like

In high school I had a classmate whose NAME was Randi. She went to the UK and had a lot of problems when she’d introduce herself to people.

1 Like

lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Funny you should say that - in my class there was also a guy called Randi. His hindu soul didn’t appove of the banter, so he started taking Jiu-Jitsu classes and became the most violent Indian I’ve ever met.

1 Like

He was never Randy, Alex… his name was Albert.

hehe

“Surely you can’t be serious.”

“Don’t call me Shirley.”

1 Like

Basically I think either way is fine but I doubt you can think positive just by wanting good things. But the latter is definitely true.

Like Randy,one of the American Idol judges always says “A hundred and million percent yes”. Or something like that.

1 Like

I think I am completely confused… First I thought you were a female user, then I guessed that these guys are based in Oxford, now it turns out that Torsten is not a native English speak :?

How can a non-English speaker be so fluent in English?

1 Like

You are not bad either :slight_smile:

Anyway, this whole discussion reminds me of a funny discussion my friends and I had long ago. The subject was,

[color=brown]“If a man speaks in the middle of a forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?” :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Ahmadov,

You should ask Torsten about his learning techniques!

1 Like

oh, i came too late !!

while i was reading this puzzle, i had another idea.

the reason is:

1. evening => one point in a day

2. growth => suggusts growing from one point to another/others. like a tree. from the roots (can be considered as one point to many leaves, as many other points)

3. center => obviously, a point.

4. magnet => if you have seen the magnet field you will know that all the invisible forces are pointing to one point.

5. venom => it starts taking effet from a bite, which is a point (or two, by a sneak).

so, i guessed 4. exist doesn’t belong

1 Like

Hi Ralf and Zahir,

Learning English is pretty much like a sport. If you have fun practicing it you will succeed. If you stop practicing you won’t get anywhere. As for learning techniques, there is just one major piece of advice: Instead of learning rules you should learn what sounds good. You can only learn what sounds good if you listen to English on a daily basis. If you study grammar rules every day, you might end up knowing some grammar rules but you won’t learn how native speakers speak English.

If you want to get rich, you can study books on how to become rich but unless you find ways of surrounding yourself with rich people, you won’t achieve your goals. The same holds true for learning a language. If you don’t surround yourself with authentic English you won’t learn English.

TOEIC listening, talks: Promoting the services of a fitness center

I liked this very good comparison of learning a foreign language with becoming rich…

1 Like

If you learn a second language you become rich in many different ways.

TOEIC listening, talks: A writer is answering interview questions

This quote also applies to putting your thoughts in writing.