Can you hear what he is...

Hi Hassi,

‘Speak’ usually involves using speech or a language whereas ‘say’ could be a statement or simply a word.

Two sentences:

I am sorry to interrupt you while you are speaking (in the middle of a conversation).

I didn’t hear what she was saying (she was making a statement/giving some information).

Alan

Hello, Alan!
Many thanks, i got it!

Hi Torsten,
I’m Kisaki.I’m really happy to receive your email.I’ve done your first test.I found that it’s very useful.
I’m looking forward to seeing your next email.
Thank you very much^^

thanks everybody you’re great

" (using words to describe something) , TELLING the others (informing them/this verb usually has an object) , SPEAKING (giving a speech) , TALKING (having a conversation) about the possibility of going to listen to him",it is useful to me,thanks Alan and Mr Torstan,but can you tell me the difference between “talking” and "speaking"in the sentence that is “people talking without speaking,people hearing without listening”,thanks again

Hi Sir,

I have received the first E-mail lesson and i followed it but there are so many units in the lesson. so can you please tell me exatly what lesson is and how many unit it comprises of?

Hi,

‘Talking’ and ‘speaking’ are two activities to do with language. The first usually involves a conversation and the second refers simply to the idea of using language.

Alan

:slight_smile: ,thank you

Hi there,
I agree “Can you hear what he is saying?” makes more sense but could someone guide me why can’t we choose (b) speaking?
For example, in a speech contest, I think “Can you hear what he is speaking?” can be used… Correct me please.

Thanks,
Mac

Hi Mac,

I think if you wanted to use ‘speaking’ in a sentence like that, you would have to more specific with the object as ‘what’ is too vague for the verb ‘speaking’. You could say: Can you hear what language he is speaking?

Alan

Hi Alan
Could you explain me the difference between the modal verbs “must” and “have” and give some examples.
Thanks

Hi,

Please read must vs. have to.

Best regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Whitewater kayaking[YSaerTTEW443543]

yes i know wat he is trying to say.

he probably advising us.

My name is Jacqueline Richards. Im very happy,because Im learning. Thanks

Dear Torsten,

Thank you for my first email lesson.I really loved it and got a good score too.Your email encouraged me to actually gain pace to get a good command on the language,and yes I gotta know that Sue is from Briston,England.
About me I am from Shimla which is in India.
Looking forward to my next lesson.
Thank you

Regards
Tanvi :lol:

thank you a lot

hi, the question about using telling, saying, speaking and talking is really interesting! I have use this words without taking any notice to this.

really, this is the good lesson my friends

iam so happy to join in the team

many thanks to all
ghazal

Dear Mr.Torsten,
Could you explain me differences between direct and indirect questions or give more examples? For me it is a little bit hard to feel that difference.
Beforehand, thank you a lot

Hi Torsten

Thank you for this test .

Regards

peyman