Adverbs of manner

Hi,

My suggestion:

Never before have we seen such enthusiasm to learn the English language as has been happening nowadays particularly over the last few weeks.

Alan

Thanks My Guru.

Koreanlab,

‘‘He is yet…’’

Yet is not an adjective and can’t be used here. In the other sentence you suggested it was better because you used TOO IMMATURE.

But if you say ‘‘He isn’t MATURE yet to understand …’’ , that’s fine. Yet is an adverb which mean SO FAR, UP UNTIL NOW.

Hi MR.Rudny BR !

(Positive sense)You have yet to read the all constructions how the patterns are worked in the English language. -reverse -’ You have not read the all constructions yet ----’

Sub. + Have/Has+ Yet + infinitive — (Yet in negative sentences or questions)
source: Cliffs ‘TOEFL’ suggestion , Palmer’s grammar of words and are you more inquisitive ? see - The patterns of English language by A.S. Hornby etc.

‘Yet’ can be used, as Koreanlab indicates.

Koreanlab, I know what you mean.

But the sentence I was talking about was this one:

‘He is yet to understand for his immaturity-----’ What about ?

There’s no HAVE/HAS in that sentence. You used ''He is".

[b]have yet to
If you have yet to do something, you have not done itThey have yet to make a decision.

From dictionary.cambridge.org/diction … tish/yet_2[/b]

Unless ‘‘He’s’’ works as He has… I understand.

But there’s one thing I still don’t understand:
Is BE the same thing as HAVE in this case? If so, I learned more.

Many thanks Mr. BR.

I wanted to observe the reaction ! Productive sense .

Mr. Rudney, I have been watching the blame that ’ third world people’ are more reactive , last several years my views has changed - no that not true - the reactive’s are everywhere alive !

I threw a lot of questions at this ‘Forum’ which max. answers were known to me but making the postive reaction I did that. I am happy the mass one have visited my thread last 10 days -though those questions might not have super qualities.

It is true my level of English proficiency is still ‘C1’ as assessed by ‘Common European frame’(CEF) and ‘B’ by 'Cambridge proficiency exam(CPE).

There is no such construction exist except - Have/Has +Yet + Infinitive --.

Think positive sense ;had I not written this structure , you might not have responded me ! We are learning ,is not that ?

LOL

That’s just great. But why have you been ‘watching’ people’s reaction ? Is it a research or anything like that?

I think every thread should be visited, regardless of its qualities because we are here to learn and help those with difficulties. And I see your point, I’m grateful for that, and I didn’t take it as an offensive response. I understood you were discussing it as grammar should be discussed by any learner.

Just one more thing: You said you were awarded B in CPE and you have the CAE from Cambridge, and I am studying for those tests. Taking into account our recent discussion, what level do you think I would pass?

Lol !

Are you studying to that ?

Here is another interesting matter I observed like ‘TOEFL’ .

All renowned exams like TOEFL , GMAT, GRE, CPE, CEF follow the almost same syllabus.
They CPE demand if you pass it, your threshold to be an English teacher would be opened . I differ because of constrain syllabus like ‘TOEFL’. Look English grammar is vast -almost infinity !

When I got used to practising(only grammar and reading , listening is different practice) this several years ago finally I felt boring as because of no vast grammatical
terms- then I went through other grammarian’s books and realized the constrain syllabus they(TOEFL) have . To pass the exam and to know the grammar that is different thing. First identify your requirements and then dive into the ocean or river/pond that is your matter.

If your requirement is vast then go into the 'SAT-1,2,(also IELTS for 8 scores); like if you want to know the numerous vocabulary , you can go through ‘roots’ of the vocabulary which one word unlock for sometime hundreds words -like - ‘Agri’- means 'fields ’ from here comes ‘Agriculture’ -derived from latin.

I am sorry but with respecting to our ‘Moderators’ all are very well in English language -no doubt- execpt delivery is very ‘shorten form’ which might not helpful to all mass learners here.

Mr. BR., I gave your answer , lastly if you follow only ‘TOEFL’ syllabus with ins and out ,your score might not below the ‘B’ grade in ‘CPE’ .

My computer is affected by some pirated virus so that I effaced all MS word related
programs so no spelling checker and other are existed , there might be spelling mistakes here for -unavoidable circumstances only .