A question about live + preposition

Thanks for al the replies, I certainly learned more about how to think through the answer in cases like this.

I should also point out that Andrea found the “original” exercise. I made adjustments with places in the United States but it seems I did not perform a very good job at that. To tell the truth, when writing Santa Monica I simply used a search engine to search for “smaller city USA” or something like that.

4 Likes

Hi Marco, so you are using MeSalva! to create English language exercises for your Steam Community? Is that correct? If so we could explore ideas on how we can work together more closely.

4 Likes

So, Alan, as you say, we need to use the preposition ‘in’ no matter what size the village is. Okay, but the question (even the original, which seems to have disregarded the principles of MCQs) is certainly defective as we are unable to select the appropriate option.

4 Likes

Precisely Torsten, that is correct. Sure thing, it’d be great.
It seems preposition is probably one of the themes that generates most confusion, even among more experienced people. Even myself when asked to give a clear answer on why I’ve chosen certain prepositions the best thing I can come up with is “because it sounds better”, as I’ve said earlier in this topic.
I’ll probably focus on clearer exercises from English Best.

3 Likes

All these answers are correct, but I would say: ‘I live on a farm.’

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

If I’m wrong they can always send me to Coventry, although this would be a very heavy punishment for me, dear Ainspeed.

4 Likes