You travelled by a long distance bus recently and your suitcase was damaged

You travelled by a long distance bus recently and your suitcase was damaged.

Write a letter to the bus company. In your letter:

— inform the bus company of when and to where you travelled.
— describe your suitcase and what happened to it.
— explain why the company should pay for a new suitcase.

Dear Ms. May,

My name is Mahdi Dibayi and I travelled by one of the buses of your company to Istanbul from Tabriz last week. We launched from Tabriz on at 5 p.m. on Thursday and we arrived to Istanbul at 7 p.m. on Wednesday. Unfortunately, last night I understood that my suitcase has been damaged during this travel and now I can not open it. Furthermore, my suitcase was absolutely clean before the travel because I bought it about 2 weeks ago and I had not travelled anywhere with this suitcase but it was absolutely nasty and dirty when we arrived to Istanbul. I washed it many times but It had no effect. I believe that the condition of your bus is the cause of this damage and so you have to pay its cost to me. I am going to come there next week with this suitcase and I expect you will ready the money.

Yours faithfully,

Mahdi.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why do Birds of Paradise have amazing plumages?

Hi, I think you did a really good job with this letter - it is one of your better ones. Personally, I might be a little more diplomatic when dealing with the company, but your “get tough” method might work better :slight_smile: If you were able to correct some of your small usage and grammar errors, I would expect this would score a band 7.