Writing topic was, people get married and have children at thirties these days rather than at younger age, do you see a positive or a negative development

These days a large number of couples decide to have children after spending at least few years since their marriage. According to some experts, there are various reasons which urge parents to have children later in their life. Career, changes in social belief, women empowerment, escalating living expenses, increased life expectancy are some of the major causes of this trend. In my belief advantages of having children later in life outweigh its demerits.

To begin with, people favoring this trend have opinion that there are many positive sides if human beings are tying the knot at older age. Firstly, no doubt people will have sufficient time to settle in their careers. A growing number of parents are very passionate and enthusiastic in terms of career development and their profession. This holds out to be the primary reason they do not expect to have children in early stage of their marriage. It is intuitively obvious that in this age of huge competition, unemployment and economic crisis, people around the world are constantly worried about their career and job promotions. As a result, parents decide and determine to postpone their first childbirth. Second, women empowerment has changed the old way of life where a woman’s sole responsibility was to look after the children. Since many wives are working these days, they decide to take babies after they reach a stable job position.

Furthermore, social belief regarding giving birth to children has changed dramatically and people are more concerned about the living expenses than the number of babies they have, unlike older generation. Undeniably people who either work or run a business can reach to a stable position before becoming parents.Thus they can take better care of their children which, would have been difficult if they were born earlier. Young parents often lack the knowledge and time they need to properly take care of their children.

In conclusion, despite the pleasure of having a new baby in early years of marriage, parents who decide to have babies later can primarily, readily and precisely focus on their career, can easily fulfill financial requirements and have sufficient time to persist, strive and struggle in order to have a stunning, and illuminated future in life.

2 Likes

Request to have this essay evaluated as per IELTS General standard and grade it.

Thanks All
Regards
Girish Jaiswal

1 Like

Hi Girish, I think your essay is pretty good. You have addressed the topic well and given a good argument supporting your ideas. Your writing is generally quite clear, but there are some unnatural and awkward sounding phrases throughout your essay. I think these might keep you from the band 7 level, personally I would expect this to score a 6.5. Here are some specific suggestions: