Would you rather be a self-employed, work for someone else, or own a business?

Some people prefer to work for themselves or own a business. Others prefer to work for an employer. Would you rather be a self-employed, work for someone else, or own a business.

Some people like to work for another person, while others hold a differing opinion and say that they prefer to be self-employed.The question is which one you prefer. I think that each of these positions has some pros and cons, but the benefits of self-employment overweigh its drawbacks. So, my priority is to be self-employed, because I can determine your working hours and I am not exposed to get fired.

To begin with, by working for myself I can go to work, stop working or take a vacation whenever I desire. Being self-employed, I am my own boss, so I am allowed to start to work or stop it every time I want.On the other hand, when you work for someone else in a company or office, you have to go there every working day at a specific hour and you cannot leave your workplace until it finishes. For example, I am a barber and my shop is downtown. I do not have a routine schedule and I go there when I wish and I finish my work at my desirable time. Besides, I do not have to account for someone else why I was late today or why I am going to leave early. Therefore, I have more freedom in beginning and ending my job as a self-employed person.

Furthermore, I do not need to be worry about getting fired by working for myself. These days most of companies face financial difficulties and they have started to dismiss a number of their employees as a solution to address this problem. Consequently, when you work for an employer you should prepare yourself for a mandatory resignation or expect to be fired one day. My brother, for instance, after graduation from university was hired in a car manufacturing company and worked there for three years, but last month the company fired a few workers and he was one of them. Now, he is a jobless individual who is in search of a new career. Thus, being self-employed I am less likely to lose my job.

As the abovementioned examples show, I prefer to work for myself rather than working for an employer, because its advantages outweigh its disadvantages. When I am self-employed, I have more liberty in choosing working hours and I do not need to be worry about getting fired.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from an Art History class

Hi Bjeddi, another good essay, but I don’t think it is on par with your best. The introduction did not really stand out and you had quite a few unnatural sounding sentences. Your content was good and I liked your specific and personal examples, but I think I can only rate this a 3.5 out of 5.