Working online?

Let’s say your boss would offer you the opportunity to do most of your job from home rather than having to come to the office every day. Of course, there might be jobs that require you to be at a certain place but the number of those jobs is dropping constantly.

Now, how would you react to such an offer? Would you be happy to be able to work from home using the Internet or phone. Maybe you have already been in such a situation. How did it feel? What kind of challenges did you experience?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Florence[YSaerTTEW443543]

I do not want to work from home. I like a live contact with people. If I work in IT maybe this will be a good chance for me but only for this job. :smiley:
If I have a second job maybe I will be happy to work from home. :smiley:

I’d love to work from home as long as it is a job that can be done well from home. There are some jobs that are best done at the office, with coworkers there, but that companies try to outsource, and those are not good to do at home. Otherwise, I think I’m more efficient at home.

I’d be happy to accept that kind of work (and I already do that kind of work), but I’d have to have some way to get daily social contact somewhere, because I live alone.

Eventhough It sounds a great opportunity to me to do something completely different,I can’t imagine myself working alone,I love to do different things,to meet different people,if things turn to be monotonus,I could be bored easily,so that look for something different,what I’m saying is that in my case,I don’t think it could work.

Cris.

Cris, what makes you think working online means you have to work on your own? Also, why does an online job have to be monotonous? The Internet allows you to connect and work with a very diverse range of people. Can you exchange experiences with professionals from 10 or more different countries when you work in a conventional office?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Traffic signs[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,what makes me feel it is a monotonus job is the fact that you stay sitting in front of your computer and typing,you of course can meet many people from over the world but won’t be the same as meet somebody face to face,share experiences and why not maybe go to eat,or if your job allows you travel in or outside,also take the bus to your work or your car or to go to a restaurant to eat,in daily life you don’t know what is going to happen but in front of a computer,what can change?
Cris

Hi Cris, working online doesn’t mean you have to sit in front of your computer all the time. Let’s say you are operating a website that can be accessed by anybody 24/7. It takes you online a couple of hours per day to maintain the system, the rest of the time you can spend sitting in cafes meeting new people and talking to them face to face. As a matter of fact, working online gives you much more freedom and opportunity to meet new people face to face than any conventional job.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: The cyclists[YSaerTTEW443543]

After reading your last letter,I have to say,that working online …if it is what you say,SOUNDS GREAT!!! :smiley:
I didn’t know this kind of work would give you more free time,I thought would be like working on telemarketing ,you know many hours in front of the computer,but thanks to open my mind,now I have a clearer idea
Cris

Cris,

Working online gives the opportunity to create a system that generates your income even while you are not working. If you have a regular job you basically trade your time for money. You get paid only as long as you work and you get paid only once. If you work online creating a system, you get paid as long as your system is providing value to people.

Let’s say you are working online building and maintaining a system. After your system has reached a certain level, you can generate your income by putting in a few hours every day rather than having to work 8 to 5 for a company.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Welding[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi,
Everything is changing or floating around, if You look for a job which gives You a lot of money and occupies short time.
A smuggler is the optimal. :lol:
I prefer to do what I love to do instead to grip some “online” only chance,
or sneak into a gap market for some business opportunity.
What makes me happy today may be changed tomorrow.
Regards
Jan
I would shoot myself in the feet or bite chairs’ legs from bother when my job would last just few hours a day.

Well i am my own boss but i still like more online job then offline job beacuse even if you have offline job where you are your own boss still country is the supreme boss.

Working online suits me perfectly. I had such an experience. But in my case I had to sit at home all day long.
I see working online as a written translator becomes very popular. I’m always looking through the applications for this job. Statistics shows that they are growing and growing day by day. No matter what sort of job is offered and is available the number of volunteers is great…