Working in a group

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: Is it more important to be able to work with group of people on a team or to work independently? Use reasons and specific example to support your answer.

There has been a heated debate concerning the important of working with a group of people on a team. In fact, there is a growing sentiment that put more emphasis on the importance of working independently because of the quietness and comfort. At the same time, there is a solid body of opinion that dislikes the other attitudes. In my opinion, I concur with the former for two primary reasons.

First and foremost, the more members you have in a group, the more resources you have at the end of the day. This means you can meet more ends with these resources. As the number of people increase, overall skills of the team also increase. Along with these skills, experience of each new member gets added to that of the team.

Secondly, the other reason is that working in a group can foster creativity and learning. Creativity thrives when people work together on a team. Brainstorming ideas as a group prevents stale viewpoints that often come out of working solo. Combining unique perspectives from each team member creates more effective selling solutions. What you have learned from your individual experiences is entirely different from your coworkers. Thus, teamwork also maximizes shared knowledge in the workplace and helps you learn new skills you can use for the rest of your career.

Last but not least, some may argue that there may have some disadvantages of working in a team, providing evidence that there is no freedom for individual thinking. How much ever you prove your point and the rationality of its application, it won’t be agreed upon if rest of the team disagrees with it. This becomes a bit time-consuming and chaotic.

To sum up briefly, I prefer to work on team, because I believe that makes me happy so I even have more friends. Furthermore, I can share my knowledge with them. Moreover, I think always the competition and the cooperation can lead to success job.

I think nowadays what is more important than just the formal aspects of writing an essay is critical thinking. In other words: Your thoughts and ideas as an individual have more value than the formal requirements of an essay. Conformity is becoming less and less effective. So, let’s concentrate on what you think about working in a team. You are absolutely right it’s vital to connect with others and share information, experience and ideas with them because the amount of information and expertise available outside and organization is always much greater than inside that organization. That’s why we use online communities such as our forum to learn from each other.