With the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more information

I`d like to thank you for your valuable comments on my previous essays. Would you please read this one and correct it?

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more information and learn it more quickly.

It goes without saying that technology has influenced our life in many areas. One of these areas is related to the processes of teaching and learning. Some people say that technology has helped students learn more information and learn more quickly, while others oppose this point. As far as I am concerned, I agree with the statement. I think technology has changed methods of teaching, and it has provided new portable tools for student to study in every place they want.

First, the teaching method of teachers has greatly changed by the advent of new modern equipment. In the past, they used to write on a blackboard to convey what they want to the students. This method was somewhat slow. Because they had to clean the board many times after filling it with necessary information. But, nowadays they can use large screens which are connected to computers to transmit large amounts of information to their students. Thus, technological improvements have provided novel tools for teachers to improve their speed and efficiency of teaching. Accordingly, students learn more information and learn it more quickly.

In addition, new technology has provided new devices for students to replace their books and notebooks with. Previously students had to carry several books and notebooks to universities or high schools. As a result, they felt tired in classes. But today they have all of what they need in their small and portable laptop computers. So, they can save their energy and have better concentration in classes. This may result in learning more effectively than before.

Finally, technology has made it possible to study in every place. You can see students in trains and buses who are studying or doing their homework with their laptops or even cellphones. Moreover, they do not need to waste their times by going to library and spending some hours to find a reference book to write a paper. Instead, they can sit at their homes and easily find their necessary references on the Internet in just a few second. Therefore, students in these days can start to study whenever and wherever they want. Consequently, they can learn more information faster than before.

As I have illustrated, I do believe that recent technological advances have made it easier for students to learn large amount of information faster than before. This might cause further technological advancements in the future.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why may Martha need money?

Hi Bjeddi, I thought you did a very good job with this essay. Your writing is clear and persuasively addresses the prompt with detailed examples. You do have a few minor errors in usage and quite a bit of repetition, so I would have to rate this a 4.5 out of 5.