with her dark, mysterious eyes

Can one write

[color=red]a. He wouldn’t fail to notice her with her long black hair.
b. He was stunned by her with her dark, mysterious eyes.

c. With her dark, mysterious eyes, the studio hired her immediately for the role.
d. The studio hired her immediately for the role with her dark, mysterious eyes.
e. The studio hired her immediately for the role, with her dark, mysterious eyes.
?

(d) doesn’t sound right to me and in (e) the part after the comma sounds like an afterthought.

Many thanks.

a. He wouldn’t fail to notice her with her long black hair. OK
b. He was stunned by her dark, mysterious eyes.

c. With her dark, mysterious eyes, the studio hired her immediately for the role. OK
d. The studio hired her immediately for the role with her dark, mysterious eyes. Incorrect
e. The studio hired her immediately for the role, with her dark, mysterious eyes. OK
I would choose to write that thought thus:
The studio hired her for the role immediately, thanks to/because of her dark, mysterious eyes.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Would you say this one[color=red]

b1. He was stunned by her, with her dark, mysterious eyes.
works? I have added a comma before ‘with her dark, mysterious eyes.’

And do © and (e) mean the same?
Would you say that ‘with her dark, mysterious eyes’ is an afterthought in (e)?

Many thanks.

b1 is okay.

c and e have the same meaning, but the emphasis is one whichever phrase comes first.

No, I would not call it an afterthought.

[color=blue]You do not need a comma between serial adjectives.
for example…‘an expensive new red car’

That is very inflexible thinking and relies on the adjectives being cumulative, which is not the case here.

Her eyes can be both dark and mysterious, and if you comprehend the phrase in that way they are coordinate adjectives, so the comma is correct.

Her mysterious, dark eyes looked me up and down.
Her dark, mysterious eyes looked me up and down.

[color=blue]You get the comments you deserve.
[color=blue]Are you going to write ‘an expensive, shiny new, red car’?
[color=blue]I think the above commas are intrusive and unnecessary. Perhaps using the commas or not is just a matter of style. If so, I see no merit in using the commas.

Thank you very much,

Google books attests that both are correct.

google.com/search?tbo=p&tbm … %22&num=10

In some cases one has a choice it seems to make them cumulative or coordinate. In the case of ‘an expensive shiny new red car’ one does not have that choice.

‘Dark and mysterious’ exists as well. If one can put ‘and’ between the adjectives, then one can put a comma between them as well.

Many thanks.

PS. Both versions are correct. But I don’t see why Beeesneees would deserve abusive comments even if her version was incorrect. Let us assume, for argument’s sake, that she has made a mistake (which is not the case). Well, if everybody who made mistakes deserved abusive comments, then the world would be full of abusive comments.

My question was not even about that comma.

Azz has explained why your thinking is too inflexible in this instance.