Will be open vs Will be opened

Hi Anyone can tell me which one is correct? and why?

1)The door will be open for more domestic helpers to come in from Cambodia and Thailand as an alternative to Indonesians by year-end.

2)The door will be opened for more domestic helpers to come in from Cambodia and Thailand as an alternative to Indonesians by year-end.

In this context, either works, but “year end” should not be hyphenated.

I would suggest this:

The door will be open by year end for more domestic helpers to come in from Cambodia and Thailand as an alternative to Indonesians.

If the end of the year is when the door will be open/opened, the phrase “by year end” works better in this position. It’s clearer which verb it modifies, and it’s easier to read.

I agree with Mordant and would possibly go a step further. ‘year end’ sound slightly jargony, I would may be make it plainer English by saying:

By the end of the year, the door will be open for more domestic helpers to come in from Cambodia and Thailand, as an alternative to Indonesians.

or even:

By the end of the year, the door will have been opened for more domestic helpers to come in from Cambodia and Thailand, as an alternative to Indonesians.