Why do you want to improve your English?

Hi
I want to improve my English for these reasons:
First of all, all of new science be available in English language and we need to know English to improve ourselves.
I like to graduate PHD in the USA so I need to have IELTS or TOFEL score.

Hi everyone. I’m Minh from Vietnam.
English is the global language. It is very very important if you want to improve your life in the modern life. Your future job will be better if your English skill is good. I’m a student in a university. Most of my lessons are taught by English. One more reason that I really like English. That reason why I want to learn English. I hope that I can use English fluently. This is my desire.

Hi Torsten,

well thanks a million for this good question , i think that English language is so important to all of us , because it is an international language, and i really would like to just get rid of the fear from meeting other native and speak with them, and another reason that makes me to learn English is for my career, because in our college everything is done in English , plus i would like to make friends overhere and everywhere ^^

Regards,

hi

1.many good references in any field are english.
2.for applying in another universities in more other coutnries ,we need to learn enlish and get good mark in ielts exam or toefl.
3.if you want to finging something in the net you should know at least a little English!

Hello, English-test.net.

I am really happy about your site and the help you give me. This is actually a great help to improve my English skills. I know that I can use English to some extent but I always feel that there are loopholes. Sometimes I am suspicious on the words that I use because I feel there are more appropriate words than I use. Also I feel my grammar knowledge is not that much enough to express the real meaning. For example I don’t know how to ask a question to get the answers like ‘first’, ‘second’… or “he’s the second president in the country”. So with the hope of getting much knowledge and to make up my mistakes, I use English-test.net. Unfortunately there was a baron period that I could not continuously follow some of your lessons as There were unavoidable circumstances. But now I am able to follow the course freely. Of course I will… Many thanks to English-test.net and my dedicated teachers.

I am suneethaago

Ellie: keep studying, keep trying. Life is difficult in Poland, in Chile and in many other places. I’m dreaming of finding a better job, too. Someday, you will find a beeter job because you deserve it. Be positive. Many of us will have to fight against injustice till we die. I am 58 years old and I think I deserve more than I have been offered, more than I have been given by my country and by some people who are just.

Dear Torsten and everyone who works with you.
First of all thank you all of you for your massages. I’m very pleased to reseive your e-mails.
I had a chance to study in United States 8 years ago. Unfortunatelly my financial situation wasn’t good enough, and also my kids and my husband were back in my country so i had to come back.
But thouse 2 years experiese were very unforgettable. I studied in Laney community College in Oakland ,Ca. My teachers were fantastic. They had a huge experiense working with international students.Sinse that period of time i’ve wanted to learn English.
After coming back my regular life was waiting for me. 5 month ago a saw the job advertisement that foreign invested company is looking for office assistant who has an accountant major and english speaking and writting knowledge.So i sent my CV and they had interweved me , and i’m here now. I’ve joined this company 4 month ago and it is very important to improve my language. I haven’t spoken for 8 years which is very bad. My duty is traslate contracts, meet people and traslate they talk. So i’m little confused. I’m not that young, so i would love to stay in this position as long as it’s possible.Thank you for your time and i hope i’ll hear from you soon.

Regards ,
S.Enkhzaya,
Rolling Hills Resources, LLC
Office Assistant
Ulaanbaatar,Mongolia

Hello Torsen!
I want to communicate with all people in the world, because I travel very often and I like to recognize all in real life and in real situstions. Moreover, I want to improve my skills in English because I want to work as guide with English-speaking groups. I have an experience of this job with Russian tourists, but I live in well-attended touristic region. Such skill can help me in my further life. For improving my skills I need in speaking in first and in auditing in second. Of course, I have to work at pronounce.
I hope, our joint efforts will give good results.

hello, this is wonderful. I think i have gained alot from this site. My english has improved ever since i signed with you.
Am realy grateful, keep the good work. Thanks.

Dear Mr. Torsten
I am a student at university in English translation. But before that I loved and now love learning English. I try to improve it from every way because i think it is a need for everybody to know it nowadays. But I myself think, not for job or university but for myself, it is good if I can understand a movie or … because I realy enjoy whenever I can get it independently.
But dear Mr. Torsten I don’t know why you never correct my mistakes and errors, I know I have alot of mistakes in my writing and because there is no one to correct it for me, I think I couldn’t improve my English.
I appreciate highly your efforts for me for sending e-mails and lessons, tests and so on.
Thanks in advance.
Fatemeh5

Good morning Torsten,

First of all, I want to answer your question as open as possible. After reading your message about lesson 17. The way you express yourself, and say things in such a wonderful manner. I feel so please to read and say to myself. I hope some day I can write and express myself the way Torsten does.

Why am I learning English? I know English, but I can’t say I’m an English teacher for beginners. Or say I’m writing a Memoir that I been looking for a couple of years who can help me with my bio that it’s already done. That is why I want to get to be as good as you.

Thank you ones again.

Rosario [/i]

Thanks for this site! I wouldn’t say I need to improve my English as such, it’s my language. Though of course there is always room for improvement. But I think that in the UK and US, probably other places too, language standards are slipping. It creeps in so easily if you hear it often enough. My goal is to prevent that. This site seems to be a good place to maintain language quality.

I’m a native English speaker but I too wish to improve my English for several reasons. First of all I think it’s important to use a language properly. I really get tired of seeing people these days who use a lot of abbreviations or “chat speak” because it’s more convenient. I consider this to be extremely lazy. Second, I realize I still make mistakes even with my own language and I want to correct these. I want to help others with their English but often times even I am unsure of the correct answer and I feel awful that I can’t help them so I think it’s good if I can expand my knowledge in my own language. Third and lastly, I love to write and I seriously need to improve my writing skills and knowledge. I don’t believe there is any shame in admitting I don’t know something (even if many others around me might know it) there is only shame in pretending the problem doesn’t exist.

I’m Rosario L. from S.A., I have introduced myself a few times. I don’t know where are my messages, and I would like very much to know if I got a reply from Ms. Torsten, regarding my last message.

I need a little help to see where I should look for my messages and replies. Also what number am I among the student with photos or without photos. This is the last time I will ask the same question, sorry!

You can find all your posts listed here:
english-test.net/forum/searc … =Rsrlopera
Click on the subject titles to read them.

I explained something about the member numbers when I answered the question here:
Re: My photo

I wanna go abroad, outside of my country…
That’s my dream.
The way I could do is become a participant in scholarship program, since I’m a university student, and I have to reach at least 500 score of toefl. That way, I’ve to learn English a lot. Writing, reading, grammar, vocabulary, writing expressions, and also speaking.
Speaking, for me, is the importance of learning languages. It’s the way to communicate to people around the world. For the reason, I also wanna improve my speaking as naturally as the native speakers do. :slight_smile:

Hello Torsten,

I live in USA. I can talk with native English speaking people without any mistakes but sometimes I feel short of words. Now I want to work here. For that I need to clear TOEFL. I tried twice but could not make it. This time I want to clear this test at any cost. That’s why I am increasing my knowledge about English by joining this forum.

Thank you

Hi Torsten,

I want to improve my English because as you all know English is the language that is most commonly spoken by many people. It is the basic language most commonly used specially in internet and web surfing so in order for me to understand better about English Language I decided to join your free English course and to my surprise it did help me a lot. Thanks to you and your awesome English Toturials.

Best regards,
Pia

I want to improve my english because i want to boost my TOEFL score, 50 points or more…

wish me luck everybody…

hello
i am jannatul naima.actually i come from Bangladesh.so that’s why i can,t speak English properly.if you help me then i ca speak English easily.i really afraid to grammar.

thanks for asking.