Why do so many incompetent men become leaders?

Please someone correct and rate my essay. Thank you so much.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Leadership comes naturally: one cannot learn to be a leader. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, the ability to lead people is defined as one of the vital characteristics of individuals in society. Personally, I believe leadership is one of those capabilities that could be learned, and it is not an intrinsic potency. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

To begin with, in present-days, there are valuable resources for using to learn how to become a leader. Many people named our current era as the information explosion era. Among the numerable information, there are so many resources for one who are wanting to improve their leadership abilities. Moreover, university courses and the most knowledgeable instructors are now available, which can advise persons on their path to be a leader. My own experience is a compelling illustration of this. Five years ago, when I started my education at financial management, I had had a lot of doubt because everybody told me I did not have the intrinsic management ability, and I cannot be successful in this field. After a while, it revealed that our professors were well-informed enough to teach me everything I had needed to be a manager and lead people. I learned different things from my teachers that they have helped me at my current job position as a financial company leader.

Furthermore, hardworking and passion are more effective factors to be a leader rather than instinct ability. There are so many people around us that reached their goals just by their hardworking and infinite enthusiasm for their aim. Diligent and passionate people have always compensated for the lack of instinct ability in their way. For example, when Elon Musk led his company into the failure, everyone around him confirmed he did not have the potential leadership ability to manage the company. Elon Musk did not care about others’ opinions, and he tried as much as possible to show everyone that management is not an ability you were born with. Consequently, after a few months, the company started its work again, and all opponents acclaimed Elon Musk for his diligence.

In conclusion, I am of the opinion that leadership could be learned, and it is not just a gifted power. This is because there are valuable resources to learn this ability, and hardworking could make up for the lack of intrinsic potency.

3 Likes

What’s interesting is why so many men still become leaders although (or maybe because?) there are totally incompetent. This is not the case with most female leaders though because they have a different approach to leading as well as different principles and values. Here is more:

2 Likes