Who is your best friend?

Who is your best friend? Describe this person and say why he/she is your best friend.

Without a moments hesitation I would say my best friend was Maurice.

I say “was” because I have not had any contact with him for many years.

Living alone, and with few friends, he has no need of a phone, and is a little too backward to competently use a computer.

Nevertheless, it was he who dived into a raging North Sea one winters morning to help me save the life of a youngster who was in danger of drowning. We had to swim two-hundred yards or so to reach the beach, a mammoth task for Maurice as he was a poor swimmer. Luckily for us, the sea was in full flow, otherwise I doubt that any of us would have survived.
Having reached the beach after an interminable period, I carried the boy to his anxious parents.
Turning once more back to the water I smiled as Maurice waded ashore. His first words were, “You’re a crazy bugger Bill, lucky I was with you eh!” I could have wept.
Courage above and beyond the call of friendship. He is forever my best friend and my hero.

Kitos.

May I copy paste a writing of my favorite writer, Mr. Kito, as I hardly try to imitate him in order to gain his talented writer passing over me?
Without a moments hesitation I would say my best friend was Mohamed. I say “was” because I have not had any contact with him for more than ten years. I lost his contact address, phone number, and email. He is an Egyptian, living in Cairo, while I am Indonesian, living in Surabaya means that we are 2-day flight trip separate away. We were classmate at the University of Botswana, Botswana. Nevertheless, it was he who taught me English for he had been speaking fluent English as my faithful conversation partner. There was one of our classmates who was always against me for my poor language. How would you have survived through those when you were living in a foreign country for a long period of time? Lucky me, Mohamed was my best defender. He always looked after me, protected me and was always available for me when my only single offender came across to me…
On the other hand, for he had been an ordinary Egyptian, he was a poor swimmer, while I have been good in this matter. So there was a kind of trade off between us. I taught him swimming, and as you knew, teaching an adult how to swim need so much passion and was time consuming! Courage above and beyond the call of friendship. He is forever my best friend and my hero. I am calling you, Mohamed! Where are you now? Does anyone know about him? Please let me know. Thanks a lot.
Lina

Erratum
… to gain his talented writer stopping by?
… means that we have been separated 2-day flight trip away.
Thanks,
Lina