Who do you think is being more selfish?

Discussion: John and Mary have been married for two years. They met in school and loved each other very much. Mary has just found out she has a medical condition and cannot have children. John wants to divorce her as he wants children. Mary doesn’t want this. Who do you think is being more selfish John or Mary? Who do you support and why?

Today, the children play an important role in each family. They will bring a lot of happiness and pleasure to their parents. So, if a family doesn’t have children, it will become very sad and unhappy for the couple. But now, as a wife or a husband cannot have children, it will become easier to solve this problem in connubial life. Because, as science is developing more and more, there are a lot of different approaches to resolve this difficult problem. Therefore, in my opinion, I support Mary and I think John is more selfish than Mary. I will give the following reasons to explain this problem.

To begin with, today, as science develops quickly and powerfully, a lot of piece of researches will invent to help people who cannot have children. For example, when a wife or a husband cannot have children, the doctors can help them by artificial insemination, and the children are born this method, they will grow very like with other children. This will bring a lot of happiness to the couple, and they must not divorce when they still love and take care of each other.

Secondly, if the couple wants to have children while a husband or a wife cannot have children, they can adopt an orphan and give thoughtful care them. This way also helps the couple to avoid sadness and loneliness in connubial life.

Therefore, I think that John is more selfish than Mary. Because, he only thinks about himself and he don’t care feeling of sadness of his…

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a life sciences class (2)

Discussion: John and Mary have been married for two years. They met in school and loved each other very much. Mary has just found out she has a medical condition and cannot have children. John wants to divorce her as he wants children. Mary doesn’t want this. Who do you think is being more selfish John or Mary? Who do you support and why?
Today, the children play an important role in /each family/EVERY MARRIAGE/. They will bring a lot of happiness and pleasure to their parents. So, if a family does nOt have children, it will become very sad and unhappy for the couple. But now, as a wife or a husband cannot have children, it will become easier to solve this problem in connubial life. Because,
As science is developing more and more, there are a lot of different approaches to resolve this difficult problem. Therefore, in my opinion, I support Mary and I think John is more selfish than Mary. I will give the following reasons to explain this problem.
To begin with, today, as science develops quickly and powerfully, a lot of piece of researches will invent OF METHODS HAVE BEEN DISCOVERED to help people who cannot have children.
For example, when a /wife or a husband/COUPLE/ cannot have children, the doctors can help them by USING artificial insemination(.) and the
Children THAT are CONCEIVED BY this USING method they will grow UP very like with other children. This will bring a lot of happiness to the couple, and they /must/SHOULD/ not divorce when they still love and take care FOR each other.

Secondly, if the couple WANT to have children while a husband or a wife cannot have children, they can adopt an orphan and give thoughtful care TO THE CHILD. This way also helps the couple to avoid sadness and loneliness in connubial life.
Therefore, I think that John is more selfish than Mary. Because, he only thinks about himself and he DOES NOT care ABOUT THE feeling of sadness of his wIFE.

Good morning Trung. A very thoughtful essay.

Kitos. 8/10