Which do you enjoy more? Doing something you have not tried before or doing somet

Thanks for correction, I hope you are fine.

Some people prefer to do the same things all the time, since they live in fear of failing what they do. However, in my opinion, I would rather experience new things, because repeating oneself curbs individual and social development, and makes people’s life boring and prosaic. I will detail them as follows.

In the first place, doing new things play a key role in improving ourselves.The world is changing. Therefore, we always need to read, research and learn new things to catch up with innovations in technology, science and business. Human history has shown, while some people has been enthusiastic to do new things, and consequently attained success, others has opposed the change and disappeared from the stage of history. By way of illustration, between 15th and 17th century, the Ottoman empire was the most powerful empire in the world. However, after 17th century, sultans who were ascendeding the throne, gave up giving importance to scientific researches. Instead, they only tried to protect the status quo. While European countries had been progressed in science and inventing new things, the Ottoman empire kept using old-fashion methods. It was the first spark of historical process that brought the Ottoman empire to collapse.
Furthermore, repeating ourselves and doing always the same things would make our lives monotonous. Let’s consider a life style that you always eat the same food, watch the same movies, meet the same friends and do with them the same things. What a boring life. However, in order to make our life colorful, we do never avoid to experience new things. For instance, I always care of tasting new food. Surely, sometimes some food I taste have very bad taste but sometimes I tried so delicious food that I have became fond of them. However, if I were to eat always the same thing, I would have never been aware of them. Nonetheless, how old we are does not matter, we should have a desire to new things. For instance, my grandfather has gotten on the plane for the firs time at 70 years old, and it was for him amazing and enjoyable experience. Now, he usually prefer to travel by plane.

To sum up, I know, there are countless things to experience and I know that our life span is not long enough to try them, nonetheless, How many new things we able to do is key essence of sustainable development and bright lives.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on Animal Behavior by a professor of Biology

Thanks for correction, I hope you are fine.

Some people prefer to do the same things all the time, since they live in fear of failing in what they do. However, in my opinion, I would rather experience new things, because repeating oneself curbs individual and social development, and makes people’s lives boring and prosaic. I will detail them as follows.

In the first place, doing new things play a key role in improving ourselves.The world is changing. Therefore, we always need to read, research and learn new things to catch up with innovations in technology, science and business. Human history has shown, while some people have been enthusiastic to do new things, and consequently attained success, others have been opposed to change and disappeared from the stage of history. By way of illustration, between the 15th and 17th century, the Ottoman empire was the most powerful empire in the world. However, after the 17th century, sultans who were ascending to the throne, gave up giving importance to scientific researches. Instead, they only tried to protect the status quo. While European countries had been progressed in science and inventing new things, the Ottoman empire kept using old-fashion methods. It was the first spark of historical process that caused the Ottoman empire to collapse.
Furthermore, repeating ourselves and always doing the same things would make our lives monotonous. Let’s consider a life style where you always eat the same food, watch the same movies, meet the same friends and do with them the same things. What a boring life. However, in order to make our life colorful, we never avoid to experience new things. For instance, I always care to taste new food. Surely, sometimes some food I taste has a very bad taste, but sometimes I tried so delicious an item of food that I have became fond of it. However, if I were to always eat the same thing, I would have never been aware of it. Nonetheless, how old we are does not matter, we should always have a desire to try new things. For instance, my grandfather has gotten on the plane for the first time at 70 years of age, and it was for him an amazing and enjoyable experience. Now, he usually prefers to travel by plane.

To sum up, I know there are countless things to experience, and I know that our life span is not long enough to try them all. Nonetheless, how many new things we are able to do is the key essence of sustainable development and bright lives.

Very good work Alican.

Kitos. 8.5/10