whether students should be required to ...i guess it has been submerged...

HI kitos, this is my second essay here…enough words within the limited time period…thank you for correction.
There is somehow an ongoing debate as to whether university students should be required to attend classes. Some people stand firmly that it is students’ responsibility and obligation to attend classes, while others claim that going to classes should be optional for students. From my point of view, students should choose what classes they want to go to and should not be required to attend classes. The following reasons will strengthen my viewpoint.
First, apparently, different students have different preference for whatever field or area they would like to pursue. As a result, a university can never work out a school curriculum that can cater to the needs and requests for all the students. If, however, students are required to attend classes that do not really have much to do with their major in a broad sense or do not tickle their palates, good chances are that they will become bored at them, which in turn, will lead to low efficiency and little progress. In this case, these classes become a unnecessary burden to the students.
Second, another aspect not to be neglected is that students are on different levels concerning aptitude and educational background. So it is not surprising if a student learns faster than what the teacher can cover in classes. If such students are still required to show up everytime for class, it would be a waste of time for them. An extreme result would be that one may do worse at the course than if one studies by oneself and only comes to classes occasionally for reference and advice.
Third, some might argue that if students can have the option to choose to go to classes or not, most of the students will grow lazy and incompetive, which I hardly agree with. University students are mature enough to think seriously about their life and their future, and moreover, they just have to be responsible for their behavior and choices due to the fierce competition in the job market. Hence there is not really such a need to compel them into going to classes. In addition, compelling students into going to classes will not have a desirable effect on students’ attitudes toward study anyway.
Taking all those aspects into account, we can safely draw the conclusion that university students should have the right to choose whether to go to classes or not, because going to classes or not is their own responsiblity and that the compelling policy has many drawbacks.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social sciences class (2)

Sincere, I think it will be more sensible if you name your thread title with your essay title instead of saying ‘my second essay here bla bla’. You can edit it to change it.
Kitos have asked us to do so.
Look at others essay.

Thank you for pointing this out…

HI kitos, this is my second essay here…enough words within the limited time period…thank you for correction.
There is an ongoing debate as to whether university students should be required to attend all classes. Some people stand firmly that it is students’ responsibility and obligation to all attend classes, while others claim that going to all classes should be optional for students. From my point of view, students should choose what classes they want to go to and should not be required to all attend classes. The following reasons will strengthen my viewpoint.

First, apparently, different students have different preference for whatever field or area they would like to pursue. As a result, a university can never work out a school curriculum that can cater to the needs and requests for all of the students. If, however, students are required to attend classes that do not really have much to do with their major in a broad sense, or do not tickle their palates, the chances are good that they will become bored at them, which in turn, will lead to low efficiency and little progress. In this case, these classes become an unnecessary burden to the students.

Second, another aspect not to be neglected, is that students are on different levels concerning aptitude and educational background. So it is not surprising if a student learns faster than what the teacher can cover in classes. If such students are still required to show up every time for class, it would be a waste of time for them. An extreme result would be that one may do worse at the course than if one studies by oneself, and only comes to classes occasionally for reference and advice.

Third, some might argue that if students have the option to choose to go to classes or not, most of the students will grow lazy and incompetitive, which I hardly agree with. University students are mature enough to think seriously about their lives and their future, and moreover, they just have to be responsible for their behaviour and choices due to the fierce competition in the job market. Hence, there is not really such a need to compel them into going to classes. In addition, compelling students into going to classes will not have a desirable effect on students’ attitudes toward study anyway.

Taking all those aspects into account, we can safely draw the conclusion that university students should have the right to choose whether to go to all classes or not, because going to classes or not is their own responsibility and that the compelling policy has many drawbacks.

Excellent work Sincere. Well done.

Kitos. 9/10

Thank you for reviewing my essay Kitos…where do you think i need to improve? I am not very confident in word choice or the structure of the essay…

Change comes with time and experience. You are working within your present abilities. Don’t try to make it difficult. Relax and enjoy your progress and your writing. It is more important that you increase the amount of time you donate to your reading.

Hi Kitos,
Thank you for your advice. You are right. Reading is what really helps. But may I ask what the deducted one point accounts for? Sorry for being so straight and nagging…

:-)) Read the edited version of your work. It was good, but nowhere near perfect. Note the corrections.

Thank you Kitos; you really inspired me to work harder in order to make progress…