Whether smoking should be allowed in public places or not

“Whether smoking should be allowed in public places or not”.

Millions of people are suffering from deadly diseases caused by smoking and among them many are non-smokers. But, they are victim of a surrounding filled with smokers. Although, smokers are aware of inevitable harmful effects caused by smoking not only to themselves but also to the the society and environment; they are found to smoke in public places. So, it’s important to discuss whether smoking should be supported in public place or not which in my point of view should be baned.

First of all, smoking in public places makes it difficult to keep the place clean. At smoking places piles of cigarette butts, layer of ashes could be found easily. People are employed to clean these garbages and millions of tax payers money get wasted in this, which otherwise could be invested in other important activities. Apart from it the air, water and soil get polluted which in turn also attracts the tax payers money in keeping the environment pollution free.

Moreover, smoking in public places cause bad influence on children. Families with the children visit the public places for the enjoyment but the children, who are immature and impressionable, can be easily influenced. For them it may seem as status symbol and can be attracted toward smoking. Attraction may result in adaptation and make them habitual, which can be detriment for the future of children as well as the country because children of today are future of tomorrow.

Further, non-smokers get annoyed with the smoking in public places. Non-smokers find the smoke intolerable which arouses repulsive and hatred and hostile feelings. People try to avoid the smokers or feel inconvenient with them. Patients suffering from heart disease visit parks for amusement and fresh air; smoking at this place is going to be hazardous for the patient.

To conclude, smoking in public places is not only injurious to health but also cause negative influence on the mind of the children, keeps the environment dirty. So government should take strict measures to curb the smoking in public places.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Art

Millions of people are suffering from deadly diseases caused by smoking and among them many are non-smokers. But, they are victim of a surroundingS filled with smokers. Although, smokers are aware of inevitable harmful effects caused by smoking not only to themselves but also to the the society and environment; they are found to smoke in public places. So, it’s important to discuss whether smoking should be supported in public place or not which in my point of view should be banNed.

First of all, smoking in public places makes it difficult to keep the place clean. At smoking places piles of cigarette butts, layers of ashes cAN be found easily. People are employed to clean these garbages and millions of tax payers money get wasted in this, which otherwise could be invested in other important activities. Apart from it the air, water and soil get polluted which in turn also attracts the tax payers money in keeping the environment pollution free.

Moreover, smoking in public places cause bad influence on children. Families with the children visit the public places for the enjoyment but the children, who are immature and impressionable, can be easily influenced. For them it may seem as status symbol and can be attracted towardS smoking. Attraction may result in adaptation and make them habitual, which can be detriment for the future of children as well as the country because children of today are future of tomorrow.

Further, non-smokers get annoyed with the smoking in public places. Non-smokers find the smoke intolerable which arouses repulsive and hatred and hostile feelings. People try to avoid the smokers or feel inconvenient with them. Patients suffering from heart disease visit parks for amusement and fresh air; smoking at SUCH placeS is going to be hazardous for the patient.

To conclude, smoking in public places is not only injurious to health but also causeS negative influence on the mindS of the children AND keeps the environment dirty. So government should take strict measures to curb the smoking in public places.

Nice Essay, need to work on reading skills.

Thanks katty for the review. Can you tell me what should I read? and you advised me because it may help in writing ( Am I lacking in ideas?)