Where are you from?

Hello again;

I just notice I made a mistake, “enjoy the breath” should be “enjoy the breeze”.

I forgot to tell you about the weather in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I specify the area for Canada as you know is a huge country weather is different in different places.

It is a beautiful country, clean Spring falls in April and May, Summer is short June till August, Fall is in September and October. Winter can start from October when you have to cover yourself properly, but snow may start in November where you have to bundle up, it lasts till end of Marsh. Of course all this is general speaking. In winter temperature may touch -35 C. Yes minus 35, I remember my first winter in Canada was in Montreal and one day the temp. was - 54 honestly. The worst thing is when you slip on black ice, on the street, you may fall and it is very dangerous.

You can tell my computer is very slow, that is why I thought it does not submit and I pressed the button 3 times last night.

Hello Yvette,

I’ve read your letter. So you are an Egyptian girl in Canada. I have to say that I adore the Egyptian works of art, and for our luck the Fine Arts Museum of Budapest holds the second largest collection of Egyptian art in central Europe. Subsequent digs in Egypt have expanded the collection. Some of the most interesting pieces are the painted mummy sarcophagi. It is incredible that they left so many art objects that you can find them almost all the world. I haven’t been Kairo only in Luxor, in the Necropolis of the Valley of the Kings and the Queens. It remains an eternal memory for me.

I adore the portraits found in Al-Faiyum oasis, on the mummies. Incredibly beautiful the Faiyum portraits are unique which survived the antiquity. They were painted on wood and in a pigmented wax technic.Here is a You Tube video about the Faiyum portraits. If we see them we admire that they lived so longtime ago because they are like as they would live with us, just now.

youtube.com/watch?v=WrkevjiXPSw

I think this thread isn’t visited very frequently,so I say to you to see the “Latest topics on English Forums” is written in blue on the bottom of every page and choose something and join the Forum where you want.

Bye:
Kati Svaby

I belong to country where ethical and moral values given the highest priority.

Hello Kati;

I am happy you loved somethin about my country Egypt.
I lived there long enough to say, mostly Egyptian are freindly. Christians are minority (20 millions).
Just recently, 30 years ago when extrimists show very harsh approch.
Extimists, Muslim brotherwood, believe that Arts, knowledge, technology, to be open to the world and other countries is a big sin. They did and still try to destroy and damage everything beautiful in Egypt.

Nice to meet you Kati,
Yvette

Dear Yvette,

"They did and still try to destroy and damage everything beautiful in Egypt. " -it was terrible to read this sentence. I hope that they will keep their head and they keep in peace these miracles.

I know that the Egyptians are friendly as I was there and I saw. Now every day I hear on TV Muslim Brotherhood but I didn’t understand the political situation in Egypt. Last day I heard a terrible sentence that a civil war -as in Syria -threatens the Egyptian society. I hope that this prediction won’t come true. Any case the whole world keeps its eye on Egypt.

I never make difference between the religions. I really don’t understand - if giving it another thought - how many wars of religion were only in Europe. I think the politics makes use of the religion. I believe that the really religious people are tolerant towards the others and they don’t take up arms against other religions.

You know I am over 72 and what I say, I think seriously.

Regards:
Kati

Kati;

As you said, any religion would call for peace. Everyone religion is his/her humain right. It is about freedom and something personal between one and his God. Only one religion that call for forcing others to convert or else he is an enemy, should be tortured or killed. That is what happening. The government is muslim that is why when extrimists enter there they mix religion with civil rights.

Anyway, I am not talking politics now. I pray for my country to gain back peace, to recover from all damages happened, everyone to get back his freedom, and humain rights.

Peace be upon you brother “YVETTE”,peace is the message of Islam.“Islam is easy religion, not a forced religion”. nobody can force others to enter in Islam or to follow its instructions.It’s up to you to choose,according to the one’s own heart’s desire. plz don’t involve religions into the politics aims. In one family you can find someone good and other bad and the same thing when it comes to moslims, Jewish, and Christians.

Mes saluts
Sihem.

Hello there;

I notice now, I did few mistakes, here find the correct spelling.

Brotherhood, Approach, Human, Extremists, Something.

Sorry,
Yvette

Hello Yvette,

I wrote a long answer to you before yesterday, after 10 pm. and when I wanted to send it disappeared. I tried to look for because I knew that I am unable to write it again.

I wrote about the wars of religion in Europe,or rather in Northern Ireland. It seems to me that the period of wars of religion were in Europe in the Middle Age.

There was a misunderstanding when Alan wrote in one of his essays that in the 19th century…‘England’ was used to stand for the whole country.

This sentence recalled my childhood -in 1947 I went to school - and not in the 19th century, but even 20th century everybody said England instead of Great Britain, and this name didn’t exist:The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.( 9 words) and Alan told humorously that most countries are very lucky because they have to say one single word when they ask their country’s name.

As he recall my childhood I wrote in my answer that we didn’t know the Great Britain name as after WWII the newspapers, radio, our parents, teachers and everybody said England. It was very surprising for me Beeesneees who didn’t understand that I brought to mind a 6 year-old child’s memory and she wrote to me.: “This will be because Great Britain is not the same as England.”

1. This wasn’t its reason.
  2. I realized that I said something which is her sore point.
  3. I never thought that there is difference among people who live in Great Britain.

So I had a book its title Spotlight on Britain. Was edited by Oxford University Press in 1989 and one of its first sentence: “Many foreigners say ‘England’ or English when they mean ‘Britain’, or the UK, and ‘British’.”

This book writes how Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England had been welded together into Great Britain.

In my childhood I remember that radio always told IRA killed how many people. I never understood this situation. Now I know that between the catholic Ireland and the protestant/ later: Anglican England the Anglo-Irish relations began in the 12. century. - after lot of conflicts the Partition, the Northern-Ireland separated and became a part the UK in 1921. But the religious disturbances continued; Even 1969 there was a rioting in Northern Ireland . By 1972 the British Army had to try to restore the peace and then was the “Bloody Sunday” in Londonderry.

Only we hope that there won’t be never public unrest between the Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland.

Well, I could describe what I read in this book.

Take care:
Kati

hello everyone,
My name is Tam , i am from Vietnam , which is in ASEAN . My native language is Vietnamese , many people in my country study english , and we spend much money for many english language school , but don’t have many people to improve . The capital of Vietnam is Ha Noi , and the biggest city is Ho Chi Minh . My country have a long history , and through many wars. There are many symbolisms : One column pagoda , Ben Thanh market , Notre Dame Cathedral, ect go along my country . There are many poor people , maybe to live in Vietnam very difficultly , but people are friendly in here . You can find almost things here with a cheap prise, many places you can visit and relaxed here , and you never feel bored in large cities. This is my country

Very nice to talk to you ,All ,i’m Andy from China .Qingdao .

Hello Andy,

Welcome to the forum. It’s really nice to have you here!

Take care!
Megan

thank you, Andy :slight_smile: , i’m happy because you like it

Hi I am chandra from India. This is first time writing about me in this forum. I am glad to be on this forum to strengthen communication.

I am from India, Tamilnadu.

I’m from Bangladesh. its capital is Dhaka. My mother tongue is Bangla and Second languages is English. My country is so beautiful. You can visit most famous place where you can see lots of amazing scenery. The worlds largest sea beach live in my country that called Cox’s Bazar.

Hello, everyone!
I’m Sergey. I was born and raised in Ukraine but in 1995 my family and I moved to Israel.
Sometimes I wonder which of these two such different countries I love more, and I conclude that I love a both of them equally.
My mother tongue is Russian, the second language is Hebrew, I also speak fluency in Ukrainian.
Israel is the birthplace of three religions - Judaism, Christianity and Islam. In this small country can often be seen synagogue next door to the mosque and the church.
I would like to the people as well as their temples. live in peace and good neighborliness.

hi Sergey, i’m Long in Vietnam and i saw you sometimes in this forum in Toiec test

Hi everybody,
Maybe I am a new member in this forum. I’m Long and I live in Hanoi, Vietnam. I really want to communicate with many friend in other coutries. My facebook is Long ThanhLong. If you have a chance to visit Hanoi in Vietnam,please call me . I think i will be a tourist guider for you.

Hi! I’m a new member too. welcome!