Where are you from?

Hello M. Durdock. I’m from Rio and I’m leaning English by myself using this web site.

Torsten, many thanks for your feedback about capital letter for English!

Talk to you soon,
Julianna

Hello kati
How are you today?

I’m so so so sorry for such a long delay.This week I was really busy.As you know I’m a student and I have to attend to the classes 4 days in a week in addition I have another class out of university 2 days in a week.This week was the first week after holiday and I had a lot of homework to do also I promised my cousins to go out with them.We went to Naghshe-Jahan square.Our city (Isfahan) is so beautiful in March and April so most of Isfahanians go out to walk by the river (Zayande Rood).

You asked about my granny she passed away because of heart attack.After two years I can’t believe she is not with us any more.

When do you change your plaster?and has your pronunciation improved by reading out?
I have a question. Is English your second language or your foreign language?
Can you tell me the equivalence of “Hello” and “How are you” in Hungarian?

You told me you were a teacher,I want to be an English teacher I think you can help me learn some techniques to manage the class and to absorb the students to listen to me.would you please share your experience with me.

Sorry again for delay
Love,
Elham

Hi Elham,

How am I doing today? Tell the truth I am fed up my broken leg and the bed-ridden state.

And you? How are you? Your letter was very descriptive. I could imagine that your city is more beautiful in the spring, and the people enjoy the budding trees and bushes and the flowers.

Dear Elham you don’t be sorry if you can’t answer immediately because I understand that you are very busy.

I am very sorry for your granny that this is the life. Yesterday I read this page:
englishclub.com/reading/proverbs.htm
and this proverb surprised me -it doesn’t say anything new, only the truth.

“As soon as man is born he begins to die”

My plaster will be changed on 18 Mars.-I am looking forward to this day.
No English isn’t my second language I began to learn for 18 years ago when My daughter got married to an American and they didn’t teach my grandchildren in Hungarian.

Hello in Hungarian szia you pronounce as sɪa] How are you? = hogy vagy? you pronounce: hodj vadj dj has a similar pronunciation than in adieu
[UK: əˈdjuː]

Mentally disable children are very great burden to the parents. I felt very sorry for them because they asked me what will happen to their children when they die. And I can’t say anything good because these children go to school until 18 year-old and after they go in an institute where there are together from 18 year-old to 80 old. It is a very sad place. I told the parents that the government will solve this situation. Unfortunately, I hadn’t be right, now not only for the mentally disabled children’situation is difficult but almost every children.

I used to teach normal children also, but it was most difficult than to teach mentally disable children. It is easier to discipline them.

I became very sleepy so I say to you good night you are sleeping now because in Iran - if I know well - 3 hours the difference so there it’s 3 o’clock am, here in Hungary it’s midnight.

Sweet dreams:
Kati

HI,
I know its been 5 years since you posted.. Id have so many questions for you… I know its still war into your country. I like your region because its always summer :). I love summer. And really, I did`nt know that you have internet acces, tv and you wearregullary clothes, just like we do.

King greetings!
Lorena

HI,
I know its been 5 years since you posted.. Id have so many questions for you… I know its still war into your country. I like your region because its always summer :). I love summer. And really, I did`nt know that you have internet acces, tv and you wearregullary clothes, just like we do.

King greetings!
Lorena

HI,

King greetings!
Lorena

Hello, I`m Lorena from Bucharest, Romania. I am so happy to meet so many people here and improve my english language. In Roania we have 4 seasons. The summer is always too short for all my plans :). I love the beach, bike-ridding, playing basket and voleyballl, strollings and swimming. Romania people is very nice. We have acces to mountains, Black Sea, Delta Dunarii, caves and a beatiful construction: Palatul Parlamentului. It is worts to visit Romania. Most of the people speaks english and we are very hospitables.

See you,
Lorena

Hi all,

I’m from Brazil, but currently I live in India past 3 years…

Hello everyone,
My name is Funmi. I am from Nigeria. I have lived in Nigeria all my life, though I have visited some other countries on vacation.
I am a born again Christian and love the Lord Jesus Christ with my whole heart. For me, everything starts and ends with Jesus.

Hello everyone,
Im Resul from Albania, 20 years old. I joined in this forum because in 5 days im taking the toefl so im practicing more than 10 hours these 5 days and English-Test is helping me a lot especialy in Writing and Listening section.

Bye and wish me luck with 27 April.

Szia Kati
How are you?I missed you.How is your ankle?Can you walk again?
Today is Mother’s day in Iran.I like to congratulate you.Happy mother’s day honey.
I have a new news.I have started teaching kids recently.Teaching kids is very difficult but it’s good for start.My employer says to me teaching kids make you a professional teacher.I hope so
I’m looking for any news from you.
sincerely,
Elham

Hello Elham,

I am very sorry that I didn’t ask you how you say in Persian Hello and How are you. I would like to greet you -as you did - in your mother tongue.

The plaster was taken off on Friday. Yesterday I had to go to physiotherapy and I have been there for all morning from 8-13 and nothing happened only I was waiting with a lot of people and today I have to go again but now it is better because I received appointments.

Many thanks for your congratulations on Mother’s day. I was very jolly from it.

What do you teach for kids? English? Because if you teach English it is really a difficult thing. I think that you have to say everything in English for them not only the lesson. For example:You have to learn how to say the instructions. for exp:"Wash your hands!"etc

To teach them stories, role-plays, pictures, dialogues about themes, songs , rhymes, dances, games.

You find lot of things on You Tube . As my grandchildren are American I learned with them the most popular children-songs, if you want I send to you the most popular ones.

But really I don’t know that you will teach English or another subject.

Write me, I am very curious.

Bye:
Kati

hello dear,
Its morning and rainy here. I am thankful for your kindness that you dont leave us alone. I am thankful for your teaching that you gain ground our learning in some materials, specially in our life and love. I am thankful for everything. I am from Iran.

Dear Kati,
I’m so happy to hear your plaster was taken off.How are you getting along with physiotherapy?
you asked me about greeting in Persian we say "salam "instead of hello and “haleton che tore?” instead of how are you?
As I said I teach English to kids.They are 5 year old.I try to teach them by playing,sometimes I make situation for them and teach them the point in that situation,also I use picture, but sometimes I have to speak in Persian.
you said you have lots of songs.would you please send them to me.I can write my email adress if necessary.
I’ll be happy if you give me any comments.
As you know It’s my first teaching experience.Because your grandchildren are American I think you know some methods for teaching them.please share me any useful ways you know.
Thank you
Elham

Salam Elham,

"Haleton che tore?" Many thanks for your question, slowly I am getting better, but the physiotherapy isn’t easy and very time-consuming, exhausting when I get home I am good for nothing.

I try to write to you some very important songs but really it would be better if you send me your email address because if I began to write here the children songs they appear on this thread and I think that Torsten wouldn’t be happy if we transform his thread.

google.hu/#hl=hu&sclient=ps … 66&bih=653

You write on the Google: You Tube: Sing Along With Lauren.

Her song all very good and you cab see her teaching method with children. If I were you I would begin with Clap your hands! because it is full of instructions what you can use during teaching.

I will write more in email.

Your welcome:
Kati

Dear Kati,
I’m fine, and thank you for greeting in Persian.
My email address is " elhamamini26@yahoo.com "
would you please attach the songs if you have them.
you do me a favor.
Elham

Your welcome! Take care !!!

Kati Svaby

Hi everybody,

I live in the United States now, but I just came here a couple years ago.
My English is still poor, though I have been learning it for 2 years. I am now taking ESL classes to improve my English. It seems that it takes me forever to gain my goal because I am not very young and I often forget what I’ve just learned. Besides that, my speaking skill is poor as well while my classmates speak English fluently. I would like to know how I can speak English. I tried many ways but still can’t speak well.

Many thanks to all,

Samkimchi

Hi everyone;

I come from Cairo, Egypt, the center of the old world.
Pharaoh’s country. It is located in the north east of Africa. The center of the Middle East.
Weather, we call it spring all year round.

Summer, 25 to 35 C except maybe 5 to 7 days when temperatures reach 40C
Fall, 25 to 15 C cool but not cold, sunny and fresh
Winter, 15 to 8 C mostly sunny with few rains here and there
Spring, 15 to 25 C when you enjoy the breath, the green grass and trees, flower beautiful colors.

I immigrate to Canada in July, 1996. I live in Mississauga, Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada. I learned to adapt myself with the situation of course with the help of God.
Canada is modernized, they believe in freedom, and human right (mostly) I mean not 100%. What you here is not all correct. Everywhere there is the good and bad the plus and minus.
Anyway, I am happy here.
I work for the federal Government
I speak, read and write three languages; Arabic, French and English.

Hi everyone;

I come from Cairo, Egypt, the center of the old world.
Pharaoh’s country. It is located in the north east of Africa. The center of the Middle East.
Weather, we call it spring all year round.

Summer, 25 to 35 C except maybe 5 to 7 days when temperatures reach 40C
Fall, 25 to 15 C cool but not cold, sunny and fresh
Winter, 15 to 8 C mostly sunny with few rains here and there
Spring, 15 to 25 C when you enjoy the breath, the green grass and trees, flower beautiful colors.

I immigrate to Canada in July, 1996. I live in Mississauga, Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada. I learned to adapt myself with the situation of course with the help of God.
Canada is modernized, they believe in freedom, and human right (mostly) I mean not 100%. What you here is not all correct. Everywhere there is the good and bad the plus and minus.
Anyway, I am happy here.
I work for the federal Government
I speak, read and write three languages; Arabic, French and English.