Where are you from?

Hello Mr. Tolek

Nice to meet you. Yes in Hungary also we can feel the approach of the spring. We say January, February and the summer will arrive. (saying)
I see you are from Nottingham, so you don’t have problems with your pronunciation.
I remember Sherwood Forest, in Nottinghamshire,from Robin Hood films.

When I used to be a child we watched the film where Robin Hood was played by Errol Flynn.
Due to the movie’s popularity, Errol Flynn’s name and image became inextricably linked with that of Robin Hood in the public eye.

Did you see this variation of Robin Hood?

Bye:
Kati

Hello Cervie,

If once you visited this thread I hope you will like my photos about your country.

campsite at the Black sea

Rila from the outside

Rila cloister from inside

we found a similer flint on the seeshore of Varna

Burgas seaside

Burgas the little town

Nesebar

Nesebar

Nesebar with my daughter and my son

Nesebar and my daughter

Our children enjoy the sable on the seashore

Nesebar - tourist office

At the seaside at right my daughter and her friend at left

This is me at the harbour of Burgas and my son (he hid in a hole)

I am form India. Nice to see you all :slight_smile:

Hello Mr. Tolek,

Today I received a notification from this thread I had read your letter earlier but only now I noticed that you came from Wroclaw. I don’t know how I didn’t notice at first sight.

I know Wroclaw that one of the biggest towns in Poland. I know some about its history. Its very sad history. The WWII demanded lots of innocent victims. Wroclaw had Polish, German and Jewish victims. I know only ‘a nightmare life and death of one family’. How many similar tragedy could happen there?

This family was Jewish. The parents could have a presentiment what would happen with Jewish so they sent their son in Palestina in 1938 . It was always incomprehensible for me how they could have a presentiment of the danger of death in 1938 as the German overran Poland on 1st September 1939. Little later they sent their daughter in a convent of Holland. The parents stayed there in Wroclaw then it was called Breslau. They deposited their money in a Swiss bank.

The cloister - where their daughter lived -a bomber scored a direct hit on it. Their daughter died. The parents had been transported to Auschwitz they never came back.

This young boy who was 18 in 1938 remained alive.He lives till today, he is 93 year-old. He lives in Israel. He was working very hard in his whole life they were not reach, they lived as a workman lives in Israel. They had a little flat with three children.This man knew that their parents put their money in a Swiss bank. But he couldn’t have the credentials of the deposit of money. He could prove that he is the single survival of his family but the Swiss banks didn’t give the money for those who didn’t have the credentials. Of course he wasn’t the single Jewish who couldn’t give back his legal heritage. Only when he was about 80, when the whole world fought for that the Swiss banks should give back the money for the legal heirs, he received his legal inheritance.

He was about 80 when he could buy a bigger flat because he also than every Jewish received back the money which had been depositing in a Swiss banks by his parents.

You came from a Polish town which had had a very sad history. I think you know better than me.

Regards.

Hello Nikita,

Nice to meet you. I hope you find your place here on the english-test.net. We call it with an abbriviation: ETN. If you need some help and if I know I help you with pleasure.

Regards:
Kati

Thank you Kati , that is so nice of you. :slight_smile:
Have you ever been to India?

Hello Nikita,

I 've never been unfortunately to India. But here on ETN I got to know some Indian friends and they are very nice people.

When I used to be young the people told me that you look like as an Indian girl. You can’t see in this photo, but really. Till now I’ve had a photo of me which was taken in nowadays, and I don’t know why I changed it for a young one. Now I am over 71. Once I put back my other photos.

Buy: Kati

Hello Kati,
Your pictures are awesome. You look so beautiful and I am sure you look beautiful now too. Do share your current pictures , I would love to see them and do visit India you would like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Nikita,

I would like to send you pic of me, but I don’t want to stuff this page with my pics. So I send you a link I sent to the other people who asked me to send pics of Budapest.

english-test.net/forum/ftopic81399-1245.html

So if you open it you can see our capital Budapest and on the last, but one you can see me and my husband and on the last one me and my youngest grandchild.

Can I be curious? In which town do you live? What do you do? How old are you? Write me about yourself, PLEASE.

Bye: Kati

1 Like

Hello Kati Svaby

How are you today? In response to your post …
I suggested to look at the following films:

imdb.com/title/tt0108052/?ref_=sr_2
imdb.com/title/tt0253474/?ref_=sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt0879843/?ref_=sr_1
imdb.com/title/tt1417075/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The Polish History is a sad and bloody. Architecture that was after the war is amazing.
Polish big cities are … beautiful historical places with a multitude of monuments.
The present Wroclaw has completely changed. This is a different city than 30 years ago,
when being born. A few websites about Wroclaw:

airport.wroclaw.pl/en/passager/i … r-silesia/

boogiehostel.com/en/article/112/ … lawia.html

Am greeting you warmly. I wish you a great week.

Mr Tolek

Hi Kati

You wrote about this version? imdb.com/title/tt0029843/ I’m sorry but
I have not seen it yet. I liked the this version and of course the unforgettable music.

Clannad - Legend (Robin Of Sherwood Soundtrack)
youtu.be/MXYMqLUihv0

Nottingham beautiful peaceful town. Perfect for me :slight_smile:
Regards

Mr Tolek

1 Like

Hello Mr. Tolek,

Many thanks for your letter. It is interesting that sometimes I read about its shocking history of Wroclaw, but I didn’t imagine that I know a lot of things what it is mentioned in his brief history. I knew that it received its name about a Polish people. I knew that it was part of Bohemia, after Austria Empire. I wrote with Hungary, but it was mistake because Hungary was also a colony of Austria Empire only after the revolution of 1848 -in which lot of Polish participated - in 1867 was the Compromise and became Austro-Hungarian monarchy.

This Austrian Empire was terribly big, they tried to unify the different nations here in Center-Europe. For example, Lemberg/Lviv in Western Ukraine(now) used to be a Polish town after it belonged to the Austra Empire, after Soviet Union and at last it became a town of the independent Ukraine. The history of Center Europe is very complicated . It is interesting that the Mongol Invasion was ( we say Tartar devastation was in the same year/in 1241 in Hungary also. In the English Wikipedia there is a paragraph about “Invasion of the Kingdom of Hungary” here they reduces ashes the villages and towns and killed so many people that hardly any people left alive.

I saw these films except In the Darkness. I have to confess that when I was younger I could watch these films in spite of the fact (that), I was crying but today I can’t because I became upset for several days.

Chiefly my husband’s family was suffering very lot. Till my poor mother-in-law lived she had a eternel remorse that he couldn’t save her brothers and their wifes and their children. 6 people disappeared that nobody knows in which camp. We know only that one wife of them died in the wagon here in Hungary and she had been buried here but we never find her tomb.

Hungary was the last who was loyal to Hitler even he has lived in his bunker.

Now in 2013 there is again antisemitism in Hungary and our government doesn’t punish
because they don’t want to lose these voters. The Sun had a series of reports about the Hungarian situation. I don’t know they write about this or they finished. But there are more serious than the Guardian, The Economist, the Time etc who write from time to time about the situation in Hungary. And lot of Geman newspapers also but I don’t speak in German.

Lately I put a picture on one thread. It was very interesting because a German translator told that they have remorse for the crime of their father and grandfather. He was very personal, and he spoke about himself and his remorse. Can you see this pages ?
english-test.net/forum/ftopic38132-465.html
english-test.net/forum/ftopic38132-480.html

I am greeting you wamly. Have a good weekend.

Kati

P.S. In the evening I corrected the first letter.

Hello Mr. Tolek,

Yes, I wrote about this version imdb.com/title/tt0029843/ .

It is good to hear that you like Nottingham, that it is perfect for you :slight_smile:

Ragards:
Kati Svaby

Hello, I’m Juan and I’m from Chile, I cannot participate every day because I’m very busy, but I tray to do it. Chile is country in south-america and is front the Occean Pacific. Is very large and narrow, and has different climate (desert, mediterranean and cold). Here is spoke the Spanish.

Who wish to be my friend, I don’t have problem.
Regard.

1 Like

Hello Kati,
I live in the central part of India.There is a small city called Bhopal, it is my native place too .
I am 19. I am doing bachelors in law. It is my first year in the college. My grandma is over 70 too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Nikita,

Nice to meet you. When I saw the name of your town BHOPAL that gave me a jump and I had to see when the bigest industrial catastrophe happened in your town. In 1984. I has been relieved .You are only 19. So you hasn’t been born when this unforgettable tragedy happened. But you probably heard about it lot.

Sorry, but that it was a so terrible tragedy that if I see your town’s name the after-images came into my mind.

I hope that you understand nobody who lived in 1984 will never forget it.

It is good that since a new generation grew up. And you are doing bachelors in law.Your college is Bhopal also?

My granddaughter will begin her bachelor, she didn’t choose department. If I understood well now she wil began a general training after she will choose a department. She wanted to choose law, she also, but she became uncertain. She was for example very good at maths and in the high school, in the US, she was the “president” of a maths workshop and they went to maths competitions but she liked the maths but she doesn’t want to choose maths departement. She doesn’t know what to choose.

We have lot of common; my granddaughter is in your age and i am in your grandma’s age.

I hope we could say to each other lot. Give my greetings to your grandma.

Thanks. Have a good weekend.

Kati

Hello Juan,

Nice to meet you. I am from Hungary. I heard lot about your country because one of my best colleuges was a Chilian woman, she arrived in Hungary with her sisters ad brothers in the 70-s. Her mother and father remained in Chile, and I remember her first visit to Chile when she could see again her parents. It seems that she will be a Hungarian because she got married to a Hungarian and she has two children. Her mother was here lately and Margharita (her name) put on the Facebook their pics of her ang her mother together. She was very happy that her mother was here for about half-year.

Thanks for your letter.

Bye:
Kati

Hi my name is Elham and I live in Iran.Iran is a four season country.I think it is a beautiful country.In city where I live,there are a lot of historical building.All tourists come here to visit them.I have a comfortable life here.I invite all of you to visit my country I’m sure you’ll have a nice time here.

Hi.I 'Majlinda (Or Linda as short name).I’m from Albania.As you are a journalist I think that to be in touch with you is a oportunity to improve the communication in english and in the other hand to have further information about your country and my country and not only.I have always in contact with the news about Iraq, but only from the TV.Thanks in advance if you are disponible to be in touch with me.Will be a pleasure.

Hi Elham, I believe that your country can be beautiful. You are lucky that you live in a town where there are historical buildings. I don’t believe that I can accept your invitation if we were younger we can go with pleasure. Please tell me something about your town, what it is its name, and if you can take photos about your historical buildings it would be very good but if you can’t take photos please to narrate about them.

Buy: Kati