Where are you from?

Hello everyone,
Sometimes I ask myself whether writing in this forum can lead me to be expert in -at least-writing in english or not?!
The reason for this suspition is becouse finding a person who can be patient enough to correct your mistakes isnot very easy!!
Sometimes ago I tried to take part in some english educational centers in place where I live.

The examiner after the test looked at me and said to me with a helpful voice slowly and secretly: it is better for you to study english by yourself!!!

However I see this website very complete and satisfying and I add it to my favourite bar and the individual style of my studying!

Hi Masmori,

Itā€™s ridiculous that the examinerā€™s advice to anyone would be that it is better to study a language by yourself!
P{lease ignore him. He obviously does not really understand how language is acquired.

The city where I live is divided into two western and eastern parts.
In fact one of the longest rivers of the world passes all through the city and makes this division .
The river originates from a chain of mountains and peters out into the deserts and gulf.
Most of the year it is hot and humid.
It is springy during the winter and suitable for trip!
According to the condition of climate in this region,date trees grow very well here.
Date is one of the main exports of this region.
Furthermore,the region is located over vast oil rich lands.
Despite of this,the city is afflicted by low facilities.

Hi everyone,

So interesting to know each other from different countries, isnā€™t it?

For sure, I would like to have more friends worldwide as well. So itā€™s a good time for us to get to know each other. But, I would like to introduce myself first. I am from Cambodia, and I am 22 years old. Currently, Iā€™m studying at University of South-East Asia, and at the meantime, iā€™m also studying at ACE General English Program. In addition, beside the point of 3 years experience in hotel, now iā€™m teaching at an organization called JWOC as a volunteer.

iā€™m really interested in Shinā€™s learning style as his habit is similar to me, because i also like learning English through watching TV and news as we not only practice our listening skill but we also understand about the information around the world and enjoy the movies.

Welcome to be your friend,

Yara

I am from Iran.
I live in southwestern part of my country.
The country is divided into two northern and southern parts on the basis of their climate.While the northern part is snowy and wet,the other part has springy days.
Conversely,scorching days in southern regions is accompanied to springy weather in the north.

Iā€™m from India

Hi Vita6,

Wish you a ā€œHappy & Prosperous New Year 2013ā€. Do you remember me or not?
I am Shanthisethuraman from India, you met me on the forum in private message.
How is your family?, How is your son? Are you playing with him at home? Have you put
him in the play school, so that you can be free, or you are teaching/coaching him
rhymes at home. How do you spend time with him?

I havenā€™t seen you on the forum for ages. Why donā€™t you spend some time here?
Your English is very good, I think you must have lot of pen friends to chat with you
that is why you havenā€™t turned up here. Any way I returned from my native place,
I went and saw my parents, they are fine by Godā€™s grace. I would rather meet you
on the forum than private message.

My Best wishes to you & your family, (yr child)

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Hi
Iā€™m from Serbia. I live in Novi Sad, the capital town of Vojvodina, and the home of EXIT Music Festival.

Hello,mMr. Torsten
I Saidu iā€™m living here in northen Nigeria. I greatly enjoy the english class i hā€™ve been in the forum since Augustā€™012
Best regards.

Hello Torsten!
I am from Brazil and I am so happy to improve my english throught your site.

Best Regards,
Julianna Santos

Hi Julianna, how are you ?

I,m from Brazil as well. SĆ£o Pauloā€¦what city do you live in ? Nice to meet you.

Hello Julianna, welcome to our forum. Please note that the word English is always capitalized :wink: Regards, Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Welding[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Everybody!
I would like to tell to you where I am. I am from Myanmar(Burma). I think most of you donā€™t know my country.
I use this forum for improving my english skill. Please help to me all of you!

1 Like

Hello my friend!
my name is Sepideh and I am from Iran. I think that you are right! different country has different culture and it is really interesting to know about other people around the world.

1 Like

Hi everyone Good evening
Where I came from and where I am now are two different questions for me. I was born in Poland in Wroclaw. In large multicultural city.
After 25 years I left to the UK. After a few removals currently live in Nottingham. Although I am abroad for over 5 years I still have huge
problems with fluency. Iā€™m not a brilliant linguist :slight_smile: Community, correspondence and motivation must give results! Regards

1 Like

Hello Cervie, it is nice to hear that you live in Varna in the capital of the sea. We were three times in Bulgaria, first: in Sophia and in Burgas second times my husband had been driving all night and we arrived in Varna at dusk. Varna was still sleeping and our children also in our car. We went to the seashore and enjoyed the sunrise. It was admirable. We were sitting on the pebbles and once a pebble had been suspect to my husband. He didnā€™t see the pebble, but with his hand he felt this isnā€™t a pebble. His hands were behind him and leant back on the pebbles. This stone was a neolithic flint tool.After we went Burgas and Nesebar . And returning to Hungary we visited the cloister of Rila, in the mountain of Rila. We loved very much the Bulgarian seashore.It is beautiful!!!

Nice to meet you.
Kati

1 Like

Hello Cervie, Yesterday evening I couldnā€™t remember the name of our destination. This morning flashed on my brain Arapia camping-site was.It is at south of Burgas. This sea shore didnā€™t change anything in the last centuries.This is a romantic landscape. Except that some shanties where you can eat or where is the reception. Perhaps today I canā€™t recognise this beautiful, natural,left as ā€œGod createdā€ place.

I couldnā€™t send some pictures, but if I will have found them I will send you.

Bye:
Kati

Hellow!everyone.Iā€™m dilany,from srilanka.Iā€™m very happy to be here.Itā€™s fancy to see you all.Iā€™m not fluent in English but, i wanna improve more.So i hope you friends help me.I love to learn English .Iā€™d like to speak like native speakers.i really wanna improve. myself ,If anyone able to contact me,My e-mail Id is Dilstefny10@gmail.com. Hope you all help.Thank you.

Cheerio!
DD

1 Like

Hi everyone! Are you also in the beautiful weather in the morning? I hope that spring at last came! Although it allowed my email is open to all willing people to conversations!
blok.antoni.aga at gmail.com any form of contact in English helps! :slight_smile: Best wishes for all

1 Like

Nice to meet you Diolany,

I donā€™t know that you are speaking fluently or not bit your spelling and your grammar seem to be very good.

Try to download JAVA and you can read out your letters. If you have some difficulty with you pronunciation it is a very good practice.

One of the teachers, Kytos has a thread which begins there isnā€™t excuse not to record your/our voice.

Bye:
Kati