What kind of clothes do you wear?

Fighting as a way of existence…

Englishuser, let me make a note to your Gender speech, that sometimes you give classic examples of a teenage (unisex) behaviour.

Tamara

Hi,

Jamie, you wrote:

True. Indeed, in an invitation, you’d write ‘full evening dress’ without an article. Or, perhaps more commonly, you’d write ‘white tie’.

I really wouldn’t think so. ‘Full evening dress’ is found in invitations as I’ve stated above. Please see the link Torsten gave.

I’d rather not find comments like this on the site as I’ve stated in another thread.

Thanks for all the answers on this topic,to share your own experiences,
In my country it is common to wear formal clothes,when we work,companies usually ask for that,but of course depends on each company,also in special ocassions,like a wedding ceremony,a woman 15 year old party,but when we are not working its common to wear jeans,a shirt and a jacket,or a blouse depends on you.
I prefer colors like blue,brown,black,
When Im at home I use whatever clothes that appear in front of my eyes.
Cris.

Hi,

On the lighter side I heard a wonderful comment from a real chappie (I mean OK ja and all that - straight out of P G Wodehouse) I met when we were in France recently. Just as the evening meal was approaching, he turned to his wife and said: Well, I suppose we’d better get togged up for dins. It made my day.

Alan