What is your favorite book?

Books are very good to learn a new language. Share your favorite book :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have a number of books I would call my favorites. Here are some of them: The Science of Personal Achievement, The Peter Principle, Everybody Lies, Information Rules, Wikinomics, 1984, Brave New World. How about you?

5 Likes

I book I just finished and really enjoyed is entitled The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F@&$
Much better than its title might suggest.

5 Likes

I have read it recently as well, one of my favorites! The title doesnā€™t clearly represents the idea of the book:) It rather suggests to take care about important and meaningful things in life and not let all the routine worries to spoil the mood and the life:) I saved lots of quotes for my blog at https://au.edubirdie.com/:) The author is a great story-teller, I totally recommend to add it to the reading list:)

4 Likes

My favorite is The Forsyte Saga.

4 Likes

My favorite book is entitled " The art of being a liar person" It is a book teaches methods of communication. Another nice book is about Psychology, keywords, memory recall, personal behavior analysis, Projective tests, emotions, and emotions manipulation, stimuliā€¦etc. Although it was very difficult for me to understand. I enjoyed reading a third book which was entitled " How to be a fake person".

1 Like

Are you sure the title is ā€˜The Art of being a Liar Personā€™? I ask because ā€˜a liar personā€™ sounds odd to me. You can either be a liar or a person but not a ā€˜liar personā€™.

2 Likes

Sir Torsten. Thank you very much for your correction. No, actually Iā€™m not sure about the word person. I added it later. It is my weak memory and bad English, because of my very old age. It is my wrong translation for the book title meaning. The right title according to your correction is " The art of being a liar". Yes sir, you are right " You can either be a liar or a person but not a liar person". What about ā€œa fake personā€ ? Does it follow the same rule?

2 Likes

I think ā€˜a fake personā€™ falls into a different category than ā€˜a liar personā€™ because ā€˜fakeā€™ can be a noun.

2 Likes

Thanks Sir Torsten. Please, could you help me to know
A) which one of the following is correct:-

1. He is a liar
  2. He is liar?
    Thanks
2 Likes

He is a liar or heā€™s a liar.

2 Likes

Please sir, is the word ā€œliarā€ is an adjective? If the answer will be " yes", why we can say ā€œShe is a beautiful girlā€ and ā€œshe is beautifulā€ while we can not say ā€œHe is a liar personā€ and ā€œHe is liarā€?

2 Likes

Liar is a noun and the adjective would be lying.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, sir.

1 Like

Hi Mona, in English, ā€œisā€ can be used with a noun or an adjective, which actually seems a little odd to me - why not one word for an adjective and another for a noun? But in any case, that is the way it is, so ā€œa person is a liarā€ or ā€œa person is lyingā€ are both valid.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, Sir Luschen.

1. So, we can say " She is a lying girl", too. Canā€™ t we?
  2. What about the right place of the comma? Is it before or after the word ā€œSirā€?
    Many thanks
2 Likes