what is the most important characteristic that a person can have to be successful

Hello sir,
Please rate my essay for the TOEFL.
In your opinion, what is the most important characteristic (for example, honesty, intelligence, a sense of humor) that a person can have to be successful in life? Use specific reasons and examples from your experience to explain your answer

Every person is different form others in this world. Each of us possesses different characteristics which make us special and unique. Many qualities (for example honesty, a sense of humor, hard work) play the role in a person’s life to make him successful. However I believe that intelligence is the most important characteristic that a person can have to be successful in his life. I think this way because intelligence makes a person the legendary figure, it helps him to keep balance between his personal, professional and social life, and it creates other characteristics, which makes him special from others.

To begin with, an intelligent person can never be forgotten by people. Brilliant people always spend their time discovering new things, creating new equipment and solving the mysteries. For example, Steve Jobs, the co-founder of Apple company, was known as leading figure of computers and entertainment because of his great work and an innovation of computers.
He was the millionaire at the age of thirty. It is his intelligence that makes him a legendary figure, and no one will forget him for ages. Thus, intelligence is key to success.

In addition, an intelligent person knows how to balance his personal, professional and social life. Sometimes, people get involve with their office work so intensely that they cannot get time for their family. They forget the importance of having family. This is the most common reason behind the divorce. However, intelligence helps people to keep peace in their relationship. It teaches person how to work effectively in the office and spare time for family. For example, my grandfather is a successful business man and has happy family. Even though his busy work schedule, he manages his time for his wife, his children and his grandchildren. Thus, an intelligent person knows how to make people around him happy.

Last but not least, intelligence draws other characteristics in the person. An astute person knows how to communicate with people. Because of his great fund of knowledge in different fields, the person has a great sense of humor, and people love to have a company of the person who is intelligent, fun, and knows how to talk with others. For instance, one of friends in my class is very intelligent. She always gets high score in the class. Besides she has great sense of humor, so she is always surrounded by other students. I always ask for her advice if I am confused or have problems. I feel that her intelligence makes her the most lovable person. Thus, intelligence creates other qualities in the person.

To sum it up, even though people think that honesty, hard working or sense of humor make a person successful. I definitely believe that intelligence is the most important characteristic to succeed in life because it makes a person a famous figure, teaches the person to maintain balance in his life, and creates other characteristics, which make the person the most lovable.
Thank you.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a marine biology class

Hi Jatkin, another excellent essay, though I am not sure this is quite as good as your previous one. You have a lot of problems with articles in this one, though your content and examples are very good. I think I would rate this a 4 out of 5.

Thank you sir for your suggestion. I agree that I made a lot of mistakes in this essay about articles. Thanks for drawing my attention on that.