What is the difference between concept and idea?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #297 [color=blue]“Advice”, question 9

Sean: I’m going to Egypt next month. Do you have any for me?
David: Yes, I do. Let’s meet for a beer and I’ll tell you what I know about the place.

(a) idea
(b) advice
(c) concept
(d) submissions

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #297 [color=blue]“Advice”, answer 9

Sean: I’m going to Egypt next month. Do you have any advice for me?
David: Yes, I do. Let’s meet for a beer and I’ll tell you what I know about the place.

Correct answer: (b) advice
[size=200]_________________________[/size]

Dear all
would you explaine more about the word,
when I can use the word in the following:

• Idea
  • Advice
  • cocept
  • submission

Best regard
Kingmany

An idea is a thought about how to do or accomplish something.

I have an idea. Since you’re creative, your new hobby should be graphic design.

Advice is a suggestion, especially for a matter of at least some importance.

A: Do you have any advice on how I should pick my university? B: My advice is that you choose the best education at the most affordable price.

A) A concept is a more complex idea that entails vision. It’s similar to “theme.” B) It is also a method of thinking behind something.

A) 1) I have a concept for a new magazine. It will target young people and offer detailed information on travel. 2) The artist’s new video has an interesting concept, fusing the plots of movies “Kill Bill” and “Thelma and Louise.”

B) 1) Bill had a thorough command of grammatical concepts. He could explain the logic behind any punctuation decision or why complements and not objects followed linking verbs. 2) She failed to grasp basic mathematical concepts, such as addition of negative numbers, so she was unable to answer the algebraic questions correctly.

A submission is an opinion offered for consideration.

I submit that nuclear arms ought to be abolished.