what is one change that should be remembered about the twentieth century

Thank you dear Luschen :slight_smile:
The twentieth century saw great change. In your opinion, what is one change that should be remembered about the twentieth century? Use specific reasons and details to explain your choice.

The way people live in the twentieth century was drastically improved in different areas. People could live with more convenience as well as they could feel that they have more freedom than their ancestors. The improvements in the science and technology was the most important reason for this happening. Which thing is the most influential and important change that should be remembered by us and people who will live in the future? In my perspective, the Internet provided the boldest effects on people life styles for the following reasons.

First and foremost, providing a world wide area network makes it possible for people around the globe to communicate with together with the easiest way that is time and money efficient for them. People unprecedentedly could talk with people from different nations, religious and languages. It causes to be taught that Internet turns the earth to a small village. People from different countries and even continents can talk by online video chat software with the use of an Internet connection. Take, for instance, my brother has been studying abroad. So, I have not seen him face-to-face for the last three years because he has been being so busy in his career. Online software such as Skype, Viber, Whatsup, to name but a few makes us closer than before so that sometimes I feel that we live in the same city though, I am far thousands of miles away from him.

Beside the aforementioned point, Internet by connecting different small networks makes a communication among different organizations in order to have a spread system with shared information. For example, this ability makes the banking system to have a communication in order to propose services to the customers regardless of in which country or bank have they registered. Another example, Police agencies in different countries communicate together in order to guaranty a safer world for us. For instance, a terrorist who named Benladen was arrested by sharing the achieved information of different countries’ security agencies.

The main conclusion should be drawn from this discussion is that Internet and its peripheral abilities penetrates in different aspect of our lives. We consciously or unconsciously use its benefits daily. Although the demerits of which are not negligible, we sure that the advantages of using this technology are largely considerable for us. We will have a better future by having a faster connection in order to use the Internet in more aspects of our lives.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between an upperclassman and a freshman coed

Hi Alirrrrr, I thought you did a good job with this one. You have addressed the prompt well and have included some good reasons. Remember that the 20th century is in the past, so you should have most of your essay in the past tense. For much of your essay it sounded like you were talking about the present instead of the 20th century. Your writing was generally clear, but you did have a few sentences that sounded a little awkward or unnatural. I liked your details and adding a personal touch was very good, but making them even more detailed would be better and boost your word count. Overall, I would rate this one a 3.5 out of 5.

Hi Alirrrrr, I thought you did a good job with this one. You have addressed the prompt well and have included some good reasons. Remember that the 20th century is in the past, so you should have most of your essay in the past tense. For much of your essay it sounded like you were talking about the present instead of the 20th century. Your writing was generally clear, but you did have a few sentences that sounded a little awkward or unnatural. I liked your details and adding a personal touch was very good, but making them even more detailed would be better and boost your word count. Overall, I would rate this one a 3.5 out of 5.