what is a important skill to learn?

What is a very important skill a person should learning in order to be successful in the world today? Choose one skill and use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

In todays world everything becomes fast and more complicated. Technology gain ground in every part of daily living and the world get more connected through internet, planes, fast trains. Even business get more global these days, more than ever before and therefore, a second language is to me one specific skill which is required.
It start with a simple room request for your vacation and end´s up in video conferences of business partner or politicians. This sort of things are normality in television, just look on a channels like CNN or something similar. The world get connected and here of course is a second language is essential. I experienced this complexity as well, in situation were I talked to acquaintances in England via voice over IP.
Secondly, the kind how you express yourself shows your grade of education. This is sometimes more and other times less important but it is. If you are approaching to a job interview it is very important how your opponent estimated you. I saw this on my own a couple times, and of course I estimate people too on her ability to lead a conversation, everybody does it in his subconscious somehow. Just imagine you are standing in front of your new employee, perhaps even in a new country, and you don´t know what to say because you can not properly express your thoughts.

In the end I think, a very important skill to deal with todays world is to speak a foreign language. The world gets more and more connected so that you are forced to communicate somehow. Additionally shows a good speaking skill your education which is also important.

hello kitos,
here is another “masterpiece” :wink: of mine, and I realy appreciate that you spend your time here for assessing all these asseys!! Bye

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture by a professor of Sociobiology

What is a very important skill a person should learning in order to be successful in the world today? Choose one skill and use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

In todays world everything IS becomING fastER and more complicated. Technology gainS ground in every part of daily living(,) and the world get more connected through Internet, planes, fast trains. Even businessES ARE BECOMING more global these days, more than ever before and therefore, a second language is to me one specific skill which is required.
It startS with a simple room request for your vacation and end´s up in video conferences of business partnerS or politicians. THESE sort of things are normality in television. Just look AT channels like CNN or something similar. The world get connected and here of course is a second language is essential. I experienced this complexity as well, in situationS were I talked to acquaintances in England via voice over IP.

Secondly, the kind how WAY you express yourself shows your grade of education. This is sometimes more and AT other times less important but it is. If you are approaching to ATTENDING a job interview it is very important how your opponent INTERVIEWER PERCIEVES you. I saw this on my own HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS a couple OF times, and of course I estimate people too on THEIR ability to lead a conversation(.) Everybody does it in his subconscious somehow. Just imagine you are standing in front of your new employeR, perhaps even in a new country, and you do NOT know what to say because you (cannot) properly express your thoughts.

In the end I think a very important skill to deal with today’s world is to speak a foreign language. The world gets more and more connected so that you are forced to communicate somehow. Additionally; HAVING good speaking skillS REFLECTS UPON THE LEVEL OF your education(,) which is also OFTEN important.

Good morning Christoph. You continue to improve. Your English is far superior to my German. :-))

Kitos. 7.5/10