What events (experiences or ceremonies) make a person an adult?

Topic 166:People recognize a difference between children and adults. What events (experiences or ceremonies) make a person an adult? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.
Essay:
Childhood is the happiest time in our lives because we have families, friend, and we do not have to worry about anything. However, all children have to become adult because it is natural. Children have numerous differences to adult, so what event or experience are remarkable to make a child to become an adult is controversial question. As far as I am concerned, I believe that going to college, getting job and wedding are three main events which make children to become adults.

To begin with, one of the different between children and adults is their knowledge. While children have pure soul and little understanding about the world, adults have extreme insights about society. However, knowledge can accumulate to children’s mind over the time, and schools can provide a lot of necessary knowledge for them to live well. When students enter to colleges, they will study more deeply about the fields which chose by them. In colleges, students will learn how to work and contribute to society; therefore, they will be more mature and become adults.

In addition, children always depend on their parents about money, but adults have their own economy. Getting job is a way to help children to independent and become mature. When children get good jobs, that means society admit that their abilities are good enough to live by themselves. Beside, if children have jobs, they have to be more organize, take more responsibilities and have more relationships which are main characteristics of adults.

Finally, getting married is very critical decision of each person because it can affect to their lives and their children in the future. Before getting married, people have to consider carefully about their love, responsibilities, physical and their money that are required by happy families. There is no doubt that wedding are based on love, and some children may love others, but they never are considered to get married even if they become adults.

In conclusion, becoming adults are not always easy for children because they will have to learn and work a lot. For these reasons that I mentioned above I believe that a child become a truly adults when they do three things which are going to college, getting job and having a wedding.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why do Birds of Paradise have amazing plumages?