What does the Murphy's law imply in the sentence?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #291 [color=blue]“English Slang Idioms (13)”, question 1

Steve just bought a new pair of front tires, but as he leaving, he ran over a nail that popped his back tire and the tire shop couldn’t repair it. If that isn’t Murphy’s , I don’t know what is!

(a) Rule
(b) Case
(c) Law
(d) Tale

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #291 [color=blue]“English Slang Idioms (13)”, answer 1

Steve just bought a new pair of front tires, but as he leaving, he ran over a nail that popped his back tire and the tire shop couldn’t repair it. If that isn’t Murphy’s Law, I don’t know what is!

Correct answer: (c) Law

Your answer was: [color=red]incorrect
Steve just bought a new pair of front tires, but as he leaving, he ran over a nail that popped his back tire and the tire shop couldn’t repair it. If that isn’t Murphy’s Tale, I don’t know what is!
[size=200]_________________________[/size]

I got it wrong! What does the Murphy’s law imply in the sentence.

Murphy’s Law - Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong!

It is a term used to describe the phenomenon that bad luck sticks with you once you challenge fate.

Hi Mr Ralf,

Thanks a lot and now I know.

Regards,
Phem

Don’t you think That’s a bit much that you always delete my photo about the score board. this is my third attempt. I was always and I had been disappeared.
25th November 2010.
Kati svaby

Hi Kati, this might be one of the bugs we are trying to fix after we started migrating the site to our new server. So, are you talking about the top learners list?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Tour guide is giving information on various buildings during sightseeing tour[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Kati, I’ve just checked and I DO see your photo here: english-test.net/esl/learn/e … st.php#one[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Supervisor is showing new employee office and eating facilities[YSaerTTEW443543]