what does "spa" mean?

how nice friends i’ve got!
you did very good advice.

Hi Porandokht. would you tell me in what city you live?
let me say what Porandokht means. it means the daughter of Poran and Poran was the name of an ancient land in Persia. did i say correct?

Hi Beeesneees! what’s your idea about “wiper” in “dodgewiper”?
i want to say you why i put this term on my username but first i like to know your opinion, because you are a native speaker and one of the best language coaches in this site. you’ve replied me more than other coaches and this shows that you are very active and interested to help others. please tell my mistakes in my posts. thank you.

Oh Beeesneees, i saw the meaning of sycophantic but i just wanted to be more intimate with other members.

You mean to say:
"What nice friends I’ve got! You gave very good advice.

I have no idea about your nickname. I just shortened it for the sake of brevity. If you’d rather I didn’t then I shan’t do so in future.

“I want to tell you…” not “I want to say you…”
“interested in helping others.” not “Interested to help others.”

If you want to write well in English, then begin by using capital letters correctly:
Every sentence should begin with one.
The pronoun ‘I’ should always use one.

When i was writing my username, i did a typo mistake! I wanted to write “dodgeviper” not “dodgewiper”. You can call me dodge, no problem.

Please tell me about your username, Beeesneees. Why are there many “e” in it?

It’s the way foreigners pronounce the word business. I’m afraid Bee is too busy to answer questions like this.

There are two reasons for that.

The name was originally meant to be Beesnees. This is a joke on the spelling of the phrase Bee’s Knees.
Do you know the phrase “the bee’s knees”? It means the best, as in,
“He thinks he is the bee’s knees,” or “You are the bee’s knees.” (I think that the term might have come from the word ‘business’ which is sometimes used in the same way - “He thinks he’s the business!”)
The extra 'e’s were also added because there were so many online usernames that ‘beesnees’ was already in use. Adding an extra e or two made the username more available.

By spelling “bees knees” without the k and with too many e’s my username says that I am obviously not the best - I’m just a poor imitation of the real thing.

Ok. Such a good information. what about “m’” in “Cheers m’ dears!”? what does that mean?

Hah! I was typing my reply when you sent that.

Hello Bees, what’s an amazing explanation!
By the way, you are the best for your patience and help supporting our English perils :slight_smile:

You’ll find information about that phrase
here.

Very interesting
and defensive too.

What do you find ‘defensive’ about it?

Nothing Bev. Disregard it.

Did you use the wrong word?

I am not sure. I am sorry if I wrote something that hurt your feelings.

You didn’t. I’m just interested in helping you discover the word you wanted to use if you used the wrong one.