What do you think of a young girl marrys a millionaire?

As to marrying an older person, I, personally don’t find anything to abhor in the idea as long as it stems from genuine affection. It is hard to believe, but people actually do fall in love with persons quite their senior in age.

My mom’s aunt and her husband have a difference of 20 years but they are leading a very successful life. When they married, the husband was not financially sound but now they are very well off!

It’s sometimes blamed on affluence, but it’s often blamed on modern-day feminism stigmatizing traditional masculine behaviors. (I’m talking about modern feminism, not the old women’s rights movement.)

[color=indigo]Life is unpredictable, Jamie (K), and who knows, maybe there happen such “special” situations (though I doubt that family’s happiness in future). In my country people use to say “one can’t built ones happiness on the grief of another”.

[color=indigo]What do I think? Of course it happens and they can be even in love with each other, e.g. my grandmom was 10 years junior her husband (but she wasn’t happy with him). Also I’m acquainted with several of such courples but the difference in their age is not more than 20-25 years. As to the reasons listed above by you Jamie (K) - also possible and rather of psychological level.
“TO ERR IS HUMAN” - it wasn’t me who said this of course, but this saying is always actual and each of us rules his/her own life according to the upbringing and feelings.

P.S. Thanx for the answer, Zarghuna.

Maryann

This is how it should be. On choosing husbands, my mother always tell us girls to not marry for money because a rich man could go bankrupt anytime. It is better to marry a poor man as long as he is ambitious and wants to improve himself. Building life, or even riches, together, is part of what marriage is all about.

I totally agree with that marrying a person who is ambitious and wants to improve himself. In addition, for myself, I’d like to marry with a guy who has a good personality that matches me. Also, sometimes I think people need to train by some poor environment. It’s possible that a person who grows up in a very good condition, and s/he may not cherish what s/he has. I mean it would happen more things that you haven’t thought probably in the future.

For instance, a famous person and Taiwanese, who is a politician and his family is very very rich. He has said that “The traffic is very good.”. However, we, other Taiwanese know that when he goes out, many people do all the things for him, such as a driver drives car for him, so he doesn’t need to worry about the traffic. So he thought the traffic was very good, the traffic was not good indeed. But he wouldn’t know and he didn’t need to know, that was why he said this kind of word.

Well, it’s not easy to define a guy is poor or rich actually. For me, I do prefer to find out a guy who has a basic salary for our home. If a guy is too poor, for instance, he has much debt, I think I won’t consider him as well. In my opinion, I do think if my husband and I don’t have enough money for our family, it still will occur many bad things in our life. But if my husband and I have enough money to support our family, we lost money later because of some reasonable reasons. In this situation, I’ll try to figure out how to recovery our economy with him. I won’t give up him except my husband goes to bet and loose money such as this kind of reasons, then I won’t accept.

There are people who make a lot of money and are not rich, because they spend most of their money and get into a lot of debt. There are people with low salaries who are good savers, and they’re rich. It’s how much you have, not how much you make.

Hi Maggie,
I guess those girls just think differently from us. Maybe they think if they have much money then life will be okay, they will face no problem, life happily ever after (like in the dream land) :lol:, and so on… Well, the fact is money can’t guarantee happiness, don’t you think so? I’ve witnessed how rich people still struggling to straighten out their life. So, yeah, there are things that money can’t buy and I personally won’t give up my priceless lifetime for a mountain of gold :wink:
Life is too good to be wasted with just anybody out there…